Dawn of the Third Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawn of the Third Age

For thousands of years the world slept. The age of plants and the age of animals were quiet. Trainquil. Peaceful. Like a bolt from above, this peaceful world ended with a jolt.

The age of men has begun.

Six tribes of man have scattered around the globe, faced with new challenges and new peril, their battle for supremacy, their battle for respect, their battle for resources has begun. This is their tale.

This is the dawn of the third age.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

[OCC Info - This is the story thread for the Dawn of the Third Age diplogame. Starting line up is as follows:
    OzzyKP (GMT -5) - India OzzyKP at AOL dot com
    smellymummy (GMT -8) - Egypt sm at inethighway dot com
    Modo44 - (GMT +1) China ansaw TA poczta TOD onet TOD pl
    Grandpa Troll (GMT -4) - Germany BCRONKITE-the sign all emails have-then put ec-dot-rr-dot-com
    ChrisiusMaximus (GMT) Zulu chrisbennett8 AT aol DOT com
    Ljube - (GMT +1) Greece ljcvetko at eunet dot yu

From here on out, it should all be in character. All out of character discussion, be it reporting whether the save is sent, or technical issues, or what-have-you should be posted here:http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=125325 Enjoy!]
    Last edited by OzzyKP; November 25, 2004, 02:38.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

the story of the Nile begins here....
      Attached Files

Comment

"It is along the banks of the Indus river that my tale begins. As a child I played and worked along its banks, as my father before me, and his father before him. I knew the river well, we all did, it was our source of life. I had many friends, as there were many of us.

"In those days my people were scattered. Dozens of small tribes co-existed along the banks of the mighty Indus. Sometimes peacefully, sometimes not. All dependent on the river for its life giving water, and so too, fearful of its terrible wrath. Despite the occasional calamity, we were prosperous, and happy.

"Things have changed greatly since those early days, and I am now an old man. Change has been great for my people, the people of the river. My generation lived change. The great food surplus and subsequent population explosion led to rapid change among our people. No longer tied to the land, there was enough surplus food for other great tasks to be undertaken. The construction of entire cities, full of commerce and artisans.

"I was one of the first to see the promise and potental for this great change and development. People came from all over to this place, this city on the delta to make a new life. These new, independent men of my generation had hearts for change and were inspired by my call. A promise of a new way life, a new system, a new...civilzation.

"In this great city of Dehli, my followers and I established a government and raised an army. Many more flocked to our borders to seek protection and share in our prosperty. Our city grew and grew, and surrounding tribes pledged fealty to us, the Indus civilzation.

"My works have been great, and my people mighty. But my time in this world is soon over. My generation has dared many things and oversaw much change. It is now time to pass off this grand civilization to the next generation of rulers.

"I have made my decision, it is you, Rehman who shall rule over Delhi in my stead. Remember all that I have taught you. Remember the history of our people, and remember always....your....father......"

With that, Dheri the First, his name now lost to history slipped into the silken shroud of a sleep he would never awaken from. His son, Rehman I, held a grand celebration for the life and acheviements of his father and buried him in spectacular fashion in the center of Dehli. In his honor, Rehman sent many men east to begin construction of a great road to connect Dehli to many of the small villiages throughout the land easy of the Indus.

Comment

Long ago, in times no ancient text describes, the Yellow Valley flourished with countless tribes living off it's endless resources. Today we call all of them our ancestors. The soil was rich with floods each year and food was always plentiful. We do not know exactly when the first villages, later to become cities, were established. But we are sure that the ancient city of Beijing was one of the oldest. Many hands helped build the city, the place in the centre of the world, that became the cradle of our glorious empire, and it's seat of power for millenia to come.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

shrouded in a mystic fog, our Fortress Europa Germania has begun to take shape...

Guten Tag und du Chrissus Maximus haben zie ein guten abend, jah?
            Attached Files
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

ZULU DAWN

ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!Z ULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZU LU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!ZULU!!!

We chanted and danced into the night, celebrating the foundation of our first city Zimbabwe.
              Attached Files
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

the annual flooding have yet to fail the egyptian people. the steady presence of food is attracting many nearby tribes. the city on the river grows ...

Comment

The Chinese people would soon become too numerous to stay in this one valley, so plans were prepared to set out and search for new places to settle. Soon a Warrior band would be sent into the world to spread the word about the Chinese people and to learn the land.

Also, the first major Irrigation project was started near Beijing in the year 3950 BC.

Comment

3950 b c has come and as it leaves my people find themselves working and toiling, shaping the future with plowshares

Will the earth give as it has taken or will I be left barren?

many discussions like this I shall only assume await my people as time slowly slips past

Gramps

Comment

We have much to discuss at our tribal council, what paths must the Zulu follow. There are more questions than answers at this time.

We sent forth our Scouting party and they perchance happened upon a village belonging to another tribe, there was much celebration in the village and they decided to pack up their belongings and live with our people. The men folk of this village formed into a warrior band and have been given the job of prtecting Zimbabwe from intruders.
                      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

just waiting fer something to grow I reckon over here

Comment

Athens is a beautiful city with a command of the surrounding plains and forests. Built on a hill, it is a natural stronghold and any aggressor will find it impossible to conquer, particularly in view of the superior Greek military tactics arising from Greek tradition. Advanced weaponry made of bronze alloys should not be forgotten when speaking of Greek military might.

But it should by no means be understood that Greece is only land of warriors. No, Greece is as much land of culture and thought, as our ancient scripts show. Few Greeks can understand those writings though. So in order to make our written records more organised, our wise men have already started to think of ways to reform our alphabet.

Comment

At this point the Chinese were trottin along towards their glory. The Irrigation project was well under way, the town flourished with the abundand food available. All was good.

Comment

yes sky is blue mountains are green and valley full of berries

Comment

Working...
                              X