Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh. The AU mod does enhance human gameplay, particularly in terms of units. More wheeled units, and the army change, among others. I highly recommend playing a few games SP with it if you haven't before to get used to the units
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

can you please list them for us

edit: ahh ok
      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
        Thanks for the answers

What is the point of having this AU mod then? The way I see it, it's only made for the benefit of the AI and there aren't any AIs here.
        Why, there's no sea going and then no ocean going for a fair chunk of the game, cav are attack 5, armies only get one unit with 4 bonus HP, artillery bombard is reduced to 10, infantry and guerillas have attack increased to 8, colosseums only cost 110 shields and one maintence and a host of others.

EDIT: All changes can be found in the second post, though I too recommend a couple of SP games to get the hang of the changes. I would think you can probably get a couple of games in before any impacted decisions will arise in this PBEM.
        Last edited by punkbass2000; November 8, 2004, 19:18.
        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Yes, I was just reading about armies. Seems a fair change, but not all that needed against human players.

The problem I see now is Paddy's raiders are way too overpowered with cavalry reduced to 5.

Comment

Such is life

And I think the army change is still a good one. It reduces the advantage the first person with an MGL and makes decisions with armies more important. In normal C3C I don't think anyine would ever do anything else with a MGL except build the FP. Now I would consider Palace moves, other less important SWs, and even factories or other expensive improvements once I have had the MA up and running for a bit.
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

Well, playing the Chinese probably needs a boost anyways

Though I don't think you'll find it to be a problem ... Cavalry has always been WAY overvalued, and lowering it 1 isn't going to cripple it, even against the Riders...

Comment

For that matter i'm not so sure why a 4/3/3 unit is that powerful ... it's admittedly nicer than a knight, but just by 1 move - no more of an advantage than my 1/4/1 swiss guard, really. By the time that 5/3/3 units can be made (cavalry), who cares about 4/3/3?

Turn sent...

Comment

I think one extra move is the most valuable UU addition you could hope for, personnally. 3 moves is killer.

Comment

Yeh, but my point was it's not particularly relevant to the cavalry cut off. 4/3/3 is still worse than 5/3/3, even if it's not as much worse. Given, you can easier get a GA, but it's not a game-changing difference.

Comment

We are not by any means done developing a version of the AU Mod for MP... this game is, I guess, a start.
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Turn sent
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

ba-dum-bump

Comment

3900bc sent to Moonbars.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              For that matter i'm not so sure why a 4/3/3 unit is that powerful ... it's admittedly nicer than a knight, but just by 1 move - no more of an advantage than my 1/4/1 swiss guard, really. By the time that 5/3/3 units can be made (cavalry), who cares about 4/3/3?
                              I'd say the big deal is that the 4/3/3 shows up 5 or so techs before the 5/3/3.

What's with the disrespecting of China? Didn't they still make Aeson's most recent evaluation of 'top level' civs? (Be sure to post a proverb with each 'sent' message, Paddy. ;-)
                              Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

- Man who run in front of car get tired.
                                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X