No announcement yet.

Diplomacy in another age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW Spain asked France to station there forces in our lands for our protection, there was never any attempt to impose this on us and i would assume that the same is true of the Prussian people.

I think this proves beyond doubt that the French are indeed honourable.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• BTW Spain asked France to station there forces in our lands for our protection, there was never any attempt to impose this on us and i would assume that the same is true of the Prussian people.
      Well, maybe this is what happened in Spain. However, if that would be the case in Prussia, then we would have a problem. Namely, how should Britain treat the French units near our borders, now that we are at war with Prussia? Either the Spanish leader is wrong here, or the French do mean harm to Britain. Whether it would be called "helping", or "Protection", would not change the fact.

Can we then ask the new French leader to clarify the matter a bit? It would be really reassuring to hear you state your, no doubt honourable, intentions.

Another diplomat deafened, by the way, King Chrisius.
      Last edited by Modo44; February 21, 2005, 19:56.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Oh no Lord Modo your last diplomat was so rude to the Queen he was hung drawn and quartered then fed to the Pigs
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

• Czar Ljube..

In answer to the question - Prussia attacking Britain is a mere matter of geo-politics. But mostly the geography part.

We did not engage in dialogue with Britain, on the anticipation that this day would come. We Prussians are a stern and non-communciative people, but surely Lord Modo could understand the deafening roar of silence.

As to being pawns, I am somewhat more philosophical about it. I see all nations, in fact all people as pawns in the big game of life.

We do want to maintain peaceful relations with Russia, but this MPP which has triggered the Russian declartion of war is very unsettling. I am restraining my diplomats as I write this. I am willing to discuss any and all options at your convenience.

Crown Prinz Beta of Prussia

(ps - will rename my fleet next turn. Didn't realize I was in contravention of the Geneva-Civilopedia Covention of 1788. Sorry.)
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
            Oh no Lord Modo your last diplomat was so rude to the Queen he was hung drawn and quartered then fed to the Pigs
            Bangers and mash??
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• France is ruled by a shrewd Emperor who follows Machiavellian principles. He will not alienate either Spain or Prussia for now. For sure not until he's dealt with Russia decisively.

Let us engage in a mind experiment. Suppose Spain and Prussia hadn't "asked" the French to station their troops in their territory. Suppose Spain and Prussia hadn't signed ROP treaties with the same French. Suppose they had denied the French troops passage through their lands. What would these honourable French have done in that situation? Would they have stayed honourable still and kept their numerous forces within their borders or would they have unleashed their dogs of war and ransacked the Spanish and Prussian lands similarly to the way they have pillaged Austria and parts of Ottoman Empire?

I understand your predicament King Chrisius, my good friend. I understand all too well what it means when someone is forced to do something he wouldn't usually do. I also see now how the same French have lured me to attack the Ottomans who could have been Russian friends. But all is clear now. Cards are on the table. The French intend to crush Russia simply because she dared to conduct independent foreign policy. Russia alone will probably not be able to resist the French onslaught, but we hope that all freedom loving nations will at least have the decency to cancel their treaties with France when she indeed attacks Russia. That's the least they can do.

Comment

• Spain is in no predicament, none at all. i suggest you change your source of drinking water my Russian friend something seems to be altering your thoughts beyond all common sense.

Cards are certainly on the table!! especially Russias now after that last piece of Paranoia. Indeed after those words of yours it seems clear to me at least that France needs to prove you right for any of your thoughts to become reality. If you in anyway preempt military action against the French it will show your words up for cheap hogwash, mere propaganda to cover your own imperial intentions.

I laugh heartily at the suggestion that France forced Russia to war against the Ottoman, I well recall the many statements coming from Russia decreeing this and that with regard to the unfortunate Ottomans, I also well recall France going out of their way to assist Mother Russia in her subjucation of these people, at Russias behest whilst all the time condemning France and Prussia for their annexation of Austria.

Lets face it Czar the only reason your heart bled for the Austrians was because you were unable to snatch both Ottoman and Austrian lands at the same tiime, if you really want to prove to Spain that you are a magnaminous people then do it by deeds rather than hollow words!!

Go on try it, I challenge you to prove how sorry you are for hurting the Ottomans by gifting them back all the cities you brutally took from them.

Further show me one shred of evidence that in any way backs up your assertions about the French, I doubt you have any kind of chance to do this.

You could always prove to Spain your worth by keeping well out of the issues between Britain and Prussia, lest you truly seek to escalate the unrest.

No point in appealing to Spain to turn their backs on their friends it will never happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta

We do want to maintain peaceful relations with Russia, but this MPP which has triggered the Russian declartion of war is very unsettling. I am restraining my "diplomats" as I write this. I am willing to discuss any and all options at your convenience.

Crown Prinz Beta of Prussia

Is this a threat?
                  Or an error in translation. Anyway I sent you a message through a reliable courier earlier today and I hope we can come to an agreement on our future relations soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44

Well, maybe this is what happened in Spain. However, if that would be the case in Prussia, then we would have a problem. Namely, how should Britain treat the French units near our borders, now that we are at war with Prussia? Either the Spanish leader is wrong here, or the French do mean harm to Britain. Whether it would be called "helping", or "Protection", would not change the fact.

Can we then ask the new French leader to clarify the matter a bit? It would be really reassuring to hear you state your, no doubt honourable, intentions.

Another diplomat deafened, by the way, King Chrisius.
                    Ah Lord Modo,

you ask for clarity when I see two friends of France at each others throat. In some ways my lads of the 2nd Voltigeur Army were on a peaceful tour of Prussia, as is there way. This mighty and victorious 2nd Voltigeur Army had many conquests in the former Austrian lands, and have long held a strong association with the people of Prussia.

It must be clearly stated that the 2nd Voltigeur Army has not been operating in stealth at all. I have known of your units on the Prussia / Danish border for some time, as I could see them. Thus you too have had knowledge of various Regiments of the 2nd Voltigeur Army, as you have been able to see them. So let us not kid each other that this is all new to either of us.

I must also admit that while the 2nd Voltigeur Army has toured, patroled and camped in this region, we have noted with some concern the naming conventions of some of your units in the area... Maybe you would like to list the Regimental names that have been stationed on the Danish Penninsula...

As to my further intent, well I have several different plans, and they quite clearlydepend on the actions of you, Lord of England. Yes the very person who renigged on our agreement in the Med. So trust of your word does not run very highly at the moment, yet all can easily be sorted on that matter as you are aware.

I see that the 2nd Voltigeur Army has fulfilled a good role in the preservation of the Prussian Cavalry Army that damaged itself so heavily in its attack upon your forces. Preservation of friends is good.

So as stated previously, thread carefully aroundd me, I would hate to see you with mud on your.... jacket
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Crown Prinz Beta, I gladly note your point about geopolitics, and geography. You will soon see, that British diplomats know it as well. Happy Ottoman hunting, my friend.

Thank you for your clear answer, Lord Paddy.
                      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
                        France is ruled by a shrewd Emperor who follows Machiavellian principles. He will not alienate either Spain or Prussia for now. For sure not until he's dealt with Russia decisively.

Let us engage in a mind experiment. Suppose Spain and Prussia hadn't "asked" the French to station their troops in their territory. Suppose Spain and Prussia hadn't signed ROP treaties with the same French. Suppose they had denied the French troops passage through their lands. What would these honourable French have done in that situation? Would they have stayed honourable still and kept their numerous forces within their borders or would they have unleashed their dogs of war and ransacked the Spanish and Prussian lands similarly to the way they have pillaged Austria and parts of Ottoman Empire?

I understand your predicament King Chrisius, my good friend. I understand all too well what it means when someone is forced to do something he wouldn't usually do. I also see now how the same French have lured me to attack the Ottomans who could have been Russian friends. But all is clear now. Cards are on the table. The French intend to crush Russia simply because she dared to conduct independent foreign policy. Russia alone will probably not be able to resist the French onslaught, but we hope that all freedom loving nations will at least have the decency to cancel their treaties with France when she indeed attacks Russia. That's the least they can do.
                        It certainly is amazing the lengths you are willing to make France out as such a force of terror.
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Turn away to Beta

Comment

• Lord Beta... where are you mate?
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Save to Czar Ljube.

(a Prussian has to eat sometimes too. )

Comment

• It is not right ya know, not right at all
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X