• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept 1803 to Modo
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Well, it seems like pirates wander in the Mediterrannean as well. Britain is in no war at the moment, still our fleet was attacked. HMS Brittania took care of those, sustaining only minor damage. Some way to commit suicide, I should say.

[ooc] Thanks for starting my GA, dumbass. [/ooc]

We would like to ask France to remove the two ships, that block the passage near Palmi. It would be a huge waste of time to have to go around Sicily.

September 1803 to Chrisius.

EDIT: Updated the pic with a plan to keep the blockade, while letting the British fleet through.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Modo44; February 15, 2005, 12:19.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Go round

They have been their for a purpose for a long time, thank you
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
          Go round

They have been their for a purpose for a long time, thank you
          Well, thank you for not warning us in the first place. Thank you indeed. So you will not move, not even for a turn?

Comment

• what is with the attitude

they are french ships, frigates, in french water guarding a french passage in a war

you have never posted a picture / map of your intended path, never not once

and for all I know you are just going to run through and leave the passage open

I have them there to protect interests off mine in the Med

You have known for quite some time that the french navy has interests here in our own water

so Sir, you are the interloper, and your arrogance will not be tolerated

please clearly show your intent if I am to move my vessels
            show how you will stop any foriegn vessels making use of this passage while I move for you

and explain why you can not go around
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

what is with the attitude

they are french ships, frigates, in french water guarding a french passage in a war
              'Scuse me, WHAT WAR?! You are at peace with every European nation, and so is Britain.

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
              you have never posted a picture / map of your intended path, never not once

and for all I know you are just going to run through and leave the passage open

I have them there to protect interests off mine in the Med

You have known for quite some time that the french navy has interests here in our own water

so Sir, you are the interloper, and your arrogance will not be tolerated

please clearly show your intent if I am to move my vessels
              show how you will stop any foriegn vessels making use of this passage while I move for you

and explain why you can not go around
              This can be worked out. There are two tiles that make it possible to block the passage. So, if France leaves it open, one British ship can be left there to block it, so that you are sure it remains so for any other nation. Since I have the turn right after you, no other nation could pass. EDIT: I updated the pic I posted previously, to show how this would work.

Oh, and by the way. The Spanish have blocked the remaining passages, even though they knew the destination of the British fleet.
              Last edited by Modo44; February 15, 2005, 12:20.

Comment

• Interesting that you so well quote the diplomatic screen in this post, yet just before you were on about privateers... you do like to have it both ways. adding to this if you had seen the damage that the ottomen fleets caused, then you would understabd why we stand guard, and have bloickaded our inner coasts for protection. I would have thought that you of all the naval nations could have so easily understood these actions

I hear you talk of the spanish while talking to me, you should be aware that I am not responsible for any deals you have with them. I actaully remember not being overly entusiastic of you coming south, especiall now that you have proven that this is not even a full fleet, just a small squadron of your so called mighty flotilla

so here is a map of the passage, which you talk about but do not provide yet again.Ok here goes my idea to keep the passage blocked and to allow you on with whatever your mission really is:

- so my ships will pull back to the yellow circle
                - I expect your ships to pull into this red circle next turn,
                - my ships will slip then into the green circle,
                - yours off into the distnce,
                - then the following turn mine will again take up their position in the red circle.

I do not require that you stay to guard my waters

I am curious what payment you are will to offer for all of this
                Attached Files
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

• No nation is in a state of war, right? So what is your point about insisting on a war going on?

so here is a map of the passage, which you talk about but do not provide yet again.Ok here goes my idea to keep the passage blocked and to allow you on with whatever your mission really is:

- so my ships will pull back to the yellow circle
                  - I expect your ships to pull into this red circle next turn,
                  - my ships will slip then into the green circle,
                  - yours off into the distnce,
                  - then the following turn mine will again take up their position in the red circle.

I do not require that you stay to guard my waters
                  I have updated the pic up in the thread in this post. Just refresh the page, and you will see it. I proposes the same solution you describe here.

I am curious what payment you are will to offer for all of this
                  You will not have to worry about Ottoman pirates ever again. We managed the ones in the Atlantic, we will surely manage the ones in "your" lake.

Comment

• Good for you. I do not recall anyone asking this of you, but well done, here have some apple wine

So what payment do you offer for passage then?
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Good for you. I do not recall anyone asking this of you, but well done, here have some apple wine

So what payment do you offer for passage then?
                      So, taking care of the pirates is not enough? Forget it, then.

King Chrisius! Since this has been paid for, I expect your ships to move out of the way, and let my fleet pass between Murcia, and Salamanca.

Comment

• temper temper temper

I offered you a valid solution to your demands

I also asked a resonable question of you for doing as you wanted

ahh then so be it

a shame indeed

a bag of gold or two would have surficed

ahh ya that stuke for gold

really what is 2 or 3 gold to the mighty english?
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Oh, a bag of gold is it? How many galleons would be needed to carry it?

Comment

• 1 gold in your treasury is the equivilant to a standard bag of gold

do you have a few bags with the commodore of your squadron?

I would have thought so

If not dispatch a messenger from your Treasury in London to the French Embassy in the same City
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• The commander of the fleet has it. If a bag of gold is your price, he can, and will pay you.

Comment

• well my price is 2 or 3 bags

3 would be nice

I look forward to the diplo screen with 3 gold next turn then

a pleasure (in the end) doing business with you

so what is your mission down this way?
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X