This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A List of MP Quiters!

I'm so sick of playing with people who are quiter's!

They say" I'm not a quiter" , at the outset, but as soon as they lose a city or close to losing one; they're gone!

Friggin jerkwads!

I wish there was a way to log IP's for identication of quiters, I'd like to see an in-game rating system established. Like how many games you've played, length of game (average), ratings by other players and so forth.

Some people just change their names, but oh well, I'll take away their favorite ones anyway by having my list on here.

Other people are welcome to add to the list; funny how I trust people on Apolyton

anyhow my list is short as of right now, just because i wasn't keeping track of names; from now on I will!

Quiter's:

*NAMES EDITED OUT BY MING*
    Last edited by Ming; December 22, 2002, 12:45.

Bigfree, I suggest we keep track of those that are no quitters (there already is such a thread). Keeping track of quitters will not help us much because it is so easy to change names.
    Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

True.

Though name stealing is also a threat that's been reported. To log IP's would be the best solution. It's harder to change that, for most people anyways.

Comment

For most 'home' internet accounts, your IP changes each time you reconnect. So even if you could know your opponents' IP, it's not a solution.
        "Great artists have no country."
        -Alfred de Musset

Comment

Just try to find opponents here on Apolyton. They generally can be trusted not to quit. I have several games running now for several sessions and I am sure not any of these guys will quit unless we both agree to.
          Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Yes... quiters are the bane of all MP games.

However, you can take your witch hunt to some other forum. You provide no proof that these people are lossers, and it would be easy for somebody to lose their good name just by having somebody post their name.

Franses has the right idea... especially since it's so easy to change a name anyway.

And IP addresses aren't the answer... there are many ways to disguise them... and many don't have a static IP anyway, and it changes everytime they log on.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X