Finally, my first game and a good one too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, my first game and a good one too

Finally found someone to play with over the Internet. I felt forced to use gamespy and I was lucky. Found a nice guy to play with and we had incredibly low ping (80 or so).

The game was a bit laggy but certainly not much. I do want to play with USA players too. I guess a bit more tweaking should get that done. Sure hope Firaxis will not give up on improvements. They are quite close in my opinion.

Having said all that I must admit we did not finish the game. We came to 50 AD or so and..... it was one on one. We will continue the game later and I am quite curious about the behaviour of the game in later ages.

No matter what, I had great fun. Two hours well spend.
    Franses (like Ramses).

delmar, nye and myself are playing a game that is into 1600 AD or so, over 20 hours game time. While the game has slowed a little it is not as bad as I feared it would be.
    Good luck, have fun!
    Call me Frank.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thanks, Acemo. Sounds encouraging.
      Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

After some severe connection problems (posted in this thread we continued the game tonight. We are now in 590 AD. Still not laggy at all. Sofar its like playing a single player game.

The ping for tonight was around 100.
        Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Working...
        X