PTW internet MP trouble. Help me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW internet MP trouble. Help me.

When i enter internet multiplayer PTW my ping is high (about 600-800) on every player. It's OK, but i think that next problem is related to ping: When i try to start game the program stops responding few seconds after entering rules customization screen.
    Did you have such a problem? How can i deal with this?
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

My computer:
    P3-500MHz
    256RAM
    Windows 98
    56K-modem
    money sqrt evil;

Comment

I have the exact problem.

I think it's because of the ping. There are virtually no Israeli players and the ping increases with distance.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

you are correct, with a dial up connection even players geographically close will be slow. unfortunately dial up and MP civ dont mix too well.
        Call me Frank.
        To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have ADSL and the problem still exists.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Eli i tried to play with m_m_x (this one who helped me obtaining PTW) and unsuccessed. And he say that he tried to play and everything was OK.
            money sqrt evil;

Comment

I got 1.14f now. We should try a direct IP game someday.

Comment

Working...
              X