Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Direct IP

Dear All,

I am looking for a brave soul (or two) who would be willing to spend some time on testing out how game play through Direct IP works and feels. The main objective for me would be to make sure that my firewall lets me play via Direct IP (I can configure the firewall -- it's really just a router -- so eventually I will be able to, no doubt), and to get a generic feel of this game style. If everything goes well, we can even proceed into a real game.

To give a little background, I am currently in several PBEM games and I kinda like it, except it's a bit slow. For a change, I tried playing via GameSpy, which looks terrible on paper and is terrible in real life. So my last hope is Direct IP.

Please send me a PM or reply to this thread if you are interested. Yeah, and please make sure you are not behind a firewall or (even better!) you can configure yours.

Thank you,

Delmar
    Care for some gopher?

Did you know that in GalCiv, the AI makes you think you are playing against humans? Stop laughing, they mean it!!!

I am available most weekends, and some weekday evenings. We appear to be near the same time zone.

Let me know if you want me to help you get started. The same goes for anyone else, just remember, there is only so much to go around.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Thanks for your help. Is tomorrow (Nov 28) evening, say 9pm Apolyton time good for you?
      Care for some gopher?

Did you know that in GalCiv, the AI makes you think you are playing against humans? Stop laughing, they mean it!!!

Comment

9pm MST, 10 to you, would be OK.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Wait a minute.. You are an hour earlier now. Sorry, not used to west coasters. That would be 8pm to you, or later...
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

Delmar and I are on Acemo. Ready anytime you are.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

Acemo, here is the file I mentioned.
              Attached Files
              Care for some gopher?

Comment

are we still on for friday night around 10:30-11 pm EST?
                Call me Frank.
                To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I am, especially if I we manage to clarify our agreement. Do you agree to #5 in my last PM?

Btw I was talking to nye yesterday, I think he said he could start around 10:45pm EST.
                  Care for some gopher?

Comment

[SIZE=1] Do you agree to #5 in my last PM?
                    #5 was just a rehash, so I didnt think I needed to agree again, but I did. See you tonight
                    Call me Frank.
                    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'll be there as soon as I can. 10.45 should be latest.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Sunday? What time on Sunday? I am free after 9.30 est or so.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

I'll be online starting 9:30 EST and I can play until about 1am EST.
                          Care for some gopher?

Comment

I should be ready to go no later than 10:00
                            Call me Frank.

Comment

i am good to play as well....
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X