Iron Civer II Green Theater II: Salse Verde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

resent to Rommel and Paddy...

One question Rommel: what is going to happen to these games anyway? CIV looks very popular, and that is only going to increase (So long as Firaxis/Take2 don't do anything stupid, that is...)
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

to Theseus

These games end a month from today (by score) in case you haven't followed the main tournament thread. This should be around the time PITBOSS is released, so we can get serious about CIV PBEM. The ICII final will start soon after, but that is just one game- hopefully all four players will want to play it out. Then again, if CIV closes up the major cheating loopholes, maybe people will want a clean break from Civ3?

Speaking of CIV popularity, I hear the GameSpy lobby was choked to a standstill by MP traffic last night. What are they going to do at the end of the month with kids on Xmas vacation and new CIV games plucked from under the trees?
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

sorry about missing my turn
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

1600 on to stenz. The one day I work late and can't check my email ...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Coming up on 36- I forget, does s_s have trouble playing on weekends?

Comment

He does indeed. Did I CC you?

Comment

No

Comment

to krill.....

Comment

To Paddy...

Rommel, to be fair, I think CIV PBEM will be cleaner by the end of the Christmas holidays than C3C is right now, but that is just one uninformed persons' opinion.

And AFAICT, Pitboss and MP use different servers, so there should be no problems there. Though Soren ought to be happy that CIV was so succesful it choked up the system...
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

No, I don't expect any conflict between PBEM and online MP would be likely or even possible.

I've since heard that Gamespy uses the same equipment for all their games, so that doesn't mean it necessarily was CIV causing the slowdown. This looks even more worrisome- if they aren't prepared for the post-holiday rush, Firaxis would likely get blamed for making a poor MP game because Battlefield players were bogging down their servers...
                      Last edited by Rommel2D; December 6, 2005, 18:48.

Comment

I ain't to sure of that. Soren is more likely to be blamed for making a game so sellable that too many people bought it and brought down the system...

Comment

It's been nearly 36 hours again ...

Comment

Not quite 30- Krill, the save please?

On the positive side, it looks like Pitboss will indeed take care of such issues...

Comment

sent

Comment

??? Paddy, what's going on ... you were on MSN last night...

Comment

Working...
                                X