Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Obligation Succession Game - Come Play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hlobane needs to get a defender and then a couple of curraghs.
    Found some gems as well so we can see lots of lux, just need to get settlers and workers to grab them.

Consider getting a worker out of Troll or a settler and then abandon. Send them back with the warrior. You could be about in time to fill in the ivory.

This will allow SoZ and game over.

As soon as mine done move citizen to that tile from the BG tile. You will pick up extra commerce.

I said Mongol scout, but meant Russian.

May want to go for the tile the scout is on to stay on the north of the river (saves movement) and bring the gems into your borders sooner.

Next tile for the worker (should have named them) on the grassland is the sugar to connect towns and get the commerce.

Russia and SPain have Masonary.
    Russia has Wheel
    Mongols have Iron Working.

You can probably expect a demand in a bit, unless you get up a few archers. Bapedi could use the worker+slave to chop for a barracks and get out a couple. You can get you first one from Zim to hit the camps for promotion and gold.

If you wait to long the AI will send troops to do it and then may think of you next.

Can set the lux down to 20% and research to 80% drops it to 20 turns at -1gpt with 83 in the bank.
    Last edited by vmxa1; October 24, 2005, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear

The town to the far north was a settler that I popped on my last turn before passing it to GT. I left it to him to decide about it - I may have tried to sneak it south and avoid barbarians. But it was a tough choice because it was so far away.
      I guess I am just use to Sid or AW and no way to have a town way off like that. Still even with little to fear about barbs and such, it is going to be too corrupt.

Also I just hate to not have all towns connected in the early going.

Comment

Thought I posted this ?
        Attached Files

Comment

First the Big Picture

This is the world we can see after 10 more turns, 1830BC:
          Attached Files

Comment

I'll post a zoomed in one later.

I had equal difficulty keeping up with the plans of the preceding builder and made a bonehead mistake.

There was slider tweaking as necessary to minimize the research time, bring in money and keep Zimbabwe from going nuts.

2230 - renamed the Mongol worker to Nice Guy Mongol Worker, starts road to link Bapedi to Zimbabwe.
            Rename the remaining scout to Vxma's - Scout and debate bringing him north again but decide we need to see the near land.
            Cain - Warrior (to se) sees edge of a yellow civ. Possibly Egypt?
            We need troops to double up in the cities for peace keeping and curraghs for exploring and 1 or 2 more scouts.

2150 - Zimbabwe completes 1st Home Security - Archer, fortifies. Starts settler (Pop - 5 already).
            Cain gets contact with Egypt. They have masonry and myst, vs. our alph and WC. I cannot leverage a 2 for 2 and settle for masonry for WC +28 GP.
            Where are we going to make our production city? Bapedi?
            Russians start Colossus.

2110 - Troll-Poo finishes Transient - Worker. I am uncertain what to do here. Settler and move? I start an archer. Transient starts building a road. I think that I am screwing up vxma1s plans here. GT will save me.
            Bapedi finishes Kelly's - Worker starts scout. Kelly goes e to build road and mine.
            renamed Temps - Worker goes to Zimbabwe 2 to road and mine.
            Willy Wonka goes to Hlobane 1 to road and mine.
            A Nubian warrior shows up ne of Zimbabwe. 1st Home Security goes to kill it, does, becomes veteran 3/4. Tweak slider to compensate.

2070 - Hlobane finishes Hlobane Guard 1 - warrior, fortifies. Start Curragh (8t), will do worker later.
            1st Home Security rests and recovers - will go after barb nest soon.
            Warrior to sw (Adam, but I think that I forgot to actually dothe rename) pops a hut for 25G.

2030 - Zimbabwe finishes settler. I think at the time that vxma wanted the ivory fast so off he goes that way with 1st Home Security for company. This is fortunate because they end up next to a warrior who attacks and knocks the archer to 2/4.
            Zimbabwe starts another archer since vxma wants 3-4 for a deterrent.

1990 - Nice Guy Mongol finishes road, moves south to road/mine. Cain meets Portugal warrior who has Wheel, IW, and Myst and wants nothing from us in trade.

1950 - Transient Worker finishes road and goes south to continue it.

1910 - Zimbabwe finishes 2nd Home Security - Archer who fortifies. Starts another archer.
            Bapedi makes GBs - Scout which is going to go to the East. Starts an archer.
            Vxma's scout is exploring russian settlements close to the fur in the jungle.

1870 - explorers explore some more.

1830 - Settler is on top of ivory to build a town (he should be scarfing the gems like vxma said but my memory failed me, mea culpa for stupidness). Everything else is IP.

Here is a save for NEXT (GT?):
            Attached Files

Comment

Over these ten turns I managed to:

Build a settler and send it to the Ivory.
              Complete a scout to go east and maybe goody hunting.
              NOT turn Troll-Poo into a settler (maybe GT can do this for us).
              Negotiate Masonry for prebuilds.

Comment

NOt a problem on the gems. The wines are also close by. I was thinking of the gems, in that it would be founded on a river and hence grow to 12 someday.

The land there should be good, once cleared. Ihated to send the scout into that one move land, but needed to see if the river could be useful.

I was not suggesting we dump a settler on the ivory straigh away, only that we build that way. I am not sure how many tiles to get there, probably two cities. Maybe the wines on the way.

I just like to get the ivory and math to slam in SoZ. It is just a killer at these levels. Make a few and get a leader for an army of AC's and they are doomed.

Like I said I am not fond of founding with large gaps between towns. We probably can get away with it though.

Look at the town of Troll and see if it is 100% corrupt and if it is then maybe one more worker and abandon.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear
                  I'll post a zoomed in one later.

I had equal difficulty keeping up with the plans of the preceding builder and made a bonehead mistake.
                  It doesnt matter successionngames are where you do what you want as a leader

Here is a save for NEXT (GT?):

Ill have a go tommorrow and as for the abandoning of troll if its gone when i get a save it will be ressurected uno mas

Gramps
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

Like I said I am not fond of founding with large gaps between towns. We probably can get away with it though.
                    Thats why I built a city in north as an outpost to build cities there to form a community to launch attacks from

Look at the town of Troll and see if it is 100% corrupt and if it is then maybe one more worker and abandon.
                    tsk tsk tsk

Troll is a special case and shall stand or be stood back up once I get back on board

Gramps
                    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Could you give the reasoning behind that?

Comment

I marked up the world map...
                        Attached Files

Comment

BTW, the yellow Xs are potential settlement sites - bring in resources, define the core zone, access to the western sea, link to ivory. Order needs to be figured out.

Comment

Since my order for Civ4 did not show up today, I played this out some more. Till 450BC where I have GL and SoZ up and the Lighhouse underway.

Short war with Mongols as they tried a demand. A few other demands were ignoed with no wars.

Still research hard to get Republic. Embassy in all know civs, galley building to find the missing civs.

This pic should not show anything not already know, but the thing is no horses in sight. Nearest is in Russian hands and needs to be taken soon.

Lots of cash already, so no need to do zero research just now. Maybe after jump to next age.

I posted the save incase someone wants to look at it. Since you have already picked up an early one. At the time I was not sure if anyone was going to play.

Comment

Here is the screen and save.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Whoops only one at a time.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X