Succession Games: The List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Succession Games: The List

This is meant to be an easy-to-browse list of all current Succession games, both looking for new players and closed games that you might want to watch but can't join. I'll try to separate them out as clearly and up-to-date as possible.

A Succession Game is a game with multiple players, set up as a single player game, where the players take turns playing the game, in order. Players usually play several turns (as many as 20) at a time, and then send the save (or post it) to the next player, and continue like that until they win (or lose!) the game. It is faster than a PBEM, in that you can have 1 *week* per player and still finish in a few months, yet you are playing primarily against the AI, not humans.

While playing the save, the current player has full control of the save. Individual games may limit this -- prohibit certain exploits, for example -- but otherwise, there is no obligation to stick to your predecessors' strategy.

(That said, it's better to cooperate than not. Otherwise you will hurt your chances to win, and you are after all playing on the same team.)

And now the games!

GAMES LOOKING FOR PLAYERS:

Challenging Succession Game- AU Mod, undetermined size/civs, 5 players (4/5 currently)

Training Succession Game - I leave this in "Open" because I gather that PunkBass et al will be running several like games - the original is closed.

The Democracy Game - This is being played as a Succession game, so I leave it here. It's technically open to new emperors, although anyone who signs up now will only get 1 turn I suspect. More fun might be being a consul or just a plain old Senator.

GAMES CLOSED

Huge Game - 32 civs, huge archipelago map, 5 players

An Empire of Succession - 12 civs, large map, 5 players

Huge AU Game - 32 civs, huge archipelago map, AU Mod used, 5 players, playing as Vikings

Another Succession Game - 12 civs on Large map, Continents, playing as Iroquois
    Last edited by snoopy369; December 5, 2004, 14:28.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

(bump)

Feel free to post here, by the way, any questions or suggestions.

edit: It's now sticked thanks to Ming, so it won't fall off! Yeah!
    Last edited by snoopy369; December 5, 2004, 14:29.

Comment

Perhaps ask a mod to top the thread. It's important information for some, and otherwise it will be lost deep down in the forum, like the Diplogame FAQ.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I have PM'd Ming with a request to top this thread

Long Live Succession Games
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

I got the PM
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks, Ming!

Comment

Working...
            X