C3C PBEM Tournament: Game Three Thread Two - The Persian Empire Strikes Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anywho sent
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• 340AD Turn sent to Smelly.

Comment

• if no one minds, i'd like to give up on this game soon.

otherwise i'll keep playing

turn sent

Comment

• It's up to you guys.

turn sent
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I'm willing to concede NYE is the ruler of the world ...

Comment

• 350AD Turn sent to Smelly

Ok, ok. I just figured that NYE worked so hard, he should have the enjoyment of cutting-off each of our heads....but if you two don't want the gore involved, I guess that I too will concede.

Good Win NYE!
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• yup. good win nye, and good game guys

so are we all done? i've sent the turn in case..

Comment

• Alright then. Thanks for the game, guys.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Incidently, very interesting game. I was waiting for the hammer to come down on me, especially after the Yanks saw the ivory.

Lucky for me that the Yanks went so far, so fast, and Wittlich wasn't building military so quick. The Yanks being a bigger threat than Persia gave me the room I needed. The moment I saw a city flip that likely carried a lot of Spaniards away... I thought I had a chance.

I never felt comfortable until after I parried the first counter attacks near Lahore. After that it seemed I had it in hand if I didn't screw up.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• Truely - my military build up was very slow....too slow now that I see the end result!
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• I wish this hadn't been my first real combat in C3C. I don't think I could have won the game remotely -- honestly I didn't have a very good setup, too spread out cities for my liking and too much desert and whatnot -- but I would have waited until I had a much bigger stack to push in.

But it comes down to the fact that I couldn't possibly have stopped you alone, and neither Wittlich or SM were able to build up enough military to slow you down before you got through ... ie you're just too fast and furious

Comment

• i wish this hadnt been my first taste of getting pwned

Comment

• neh, you weren't owned there smelly ... Witt and I were owned. You just got a front-row seat

Comment

• well i sure got shocked and awed when it all started

Comment

• lol

Comment

Working...
                                X