Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2004 CENSUS - Apolyton PBEM Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Theseus
    Holy cr*p, I had no idea this had gotten so active!!

    Alright everybody, be nice to me... I have played exactly 1 one-on-one PBEM, with Nathan in AU... got my ass kicked.

    But it was waaaaay fun, and engaging, so I am up for more, albeit as a newbie. ::runs and hides::

    Guide me, noble Peers, where and with whom should I play?

    ps: How does this forum interact with the "ladder" thing that F-P and others tout?

    ps2: Was HappySunShine of Civ2-MP-fame (evidently ) correct? Does a Horsemen Rush trump everything?

    ps3:

    * Theseus prays that F-P will take him in hand and guide hime through these treacherous waters.!
    good value...

    lots of good players in this lot

    and some dodgey characters as well...

    /me throws a glance towards Lord S.Wolf and Ceasar Conmcb

    hope to see you in a game soon, I seem to have room for another
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

    Comment


    • #92
      dodgey?

      i thought I was cheeky
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

      Comment


      • #93
        Well, one thing I like seeing is a good attitude around here.

        Rather than me starting something afresh... who wants me, and where?

        I was pretty good in terms of turn-play with Nathan in the AU game... we got further than any other pair, and much faster then any, due to good turn practices.

        [Said again: F-P, my hoped-for-mentor, where are you? "F-P, F-P... come back! come back!"]
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

        Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Theseus
          "Welcome"... Good, bad, or my RL deathknell, who knows?? For those that know her name, Amy, my fiancee, is incredibly forebearing in terms of my Civ/crack addiction... but MP? This could be too much.
          Hopefully Amy won't need to worry - unless you get into masses of them, PBEMs take up very little time per day or week. Not NEARLY as much as SP games or DGs.
          Consul.

          Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by conmcb25
            dodgey?

            i thought I was cheeky
            of course ya cheeky

            I thought everyone knew that
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

            Comment


            • #96
              Number of 2-4 player games you are involved in:
              None, and never will be. I don't like the duel type of game.

              Number of 5-8 player games you are involved in:
              Three

              Number of PBEM games played to completion:
              Didn't keep record, but about five. Thrice more games died due to low activity.

              List your top 3 favourite PBEM games:
              None, to be honest

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Theseus


                Rather than me starting something afresh... who wants me, and where?
                http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=121141

                Theseus - check in here. You are now in a game. And it is named after you.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  Originally posted by Theseus
                  "Welcome"... Good, bad, or my RL deathknell, who knows?? For those that know her name, Amy, my fiancee, is incredibly forebearing in terms of my Civ/crack addiction... but MP? This could be too much.
                  Hopefully Amy won't need to worry - unless you get into masses of them, PBEMs take up very little time per day or week. Not NEARLY as much as SP games or DGs.
                  Indeed. PBEMs actually don't take up much of my time.

                  Except for one 3-player PBEM I'm in where we can sometimes get marthon turn-passing going. That's sucked up an evening or two. So just stick with the 8-player ones that tend to die.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Arnelos


                    I work in politics. Your point?

                    Oh I see, well in that case chi-square would be perfect.

                    Comment


                    • [QUOTE]
                      Originally posted by MWIA


                      Hopefully Amy won't need to worry - unless you get into masses of them, PBEMs take up very little time per day or week. Not NEARLY as much as SP games or DGs.
                      Originally posted by Kloreep
                      Indeed. PBEMs actually don't take up much of my time.

                      Except for one 3-player PBEM I'm in where we can sometimes get marthon turn-passing going. That's sucked up an evening or two. So just stick with the 8-player ones that tend to die.


                      Actually - you both raise good points. I too like the larger games; I have a handful of games that are daily, but I am able to handle a 28 game portfolio without hours and hours of on-line time. And this provides tons of variety in civ activity - and a number of threads which are a real hoot.

                      AU601 with Rhoth is a bit of a time consumer - but an excellent game! And we are already through to 100bc in a limited number of sessions.

                      But as MWIA has pointed out - they are not the time hogs that demo games, or even an online MP game can be.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Beta
                        AU601 with Rhoth is a bit of a time consumer - but an excellent game! And we are already through to 100bc in a limited number of sessions.
                        Yep, we've only been playing for about 20 days and we've made it through 120+ turns. It's been a great game...even though Beta ambushed my exploration warrior, never mind that he was questing to give Beta a despotic golden age.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rhothaerill


                          Yep, we've only been playing for about 20 days and we've made it through 120+ turns. It's been a great game...even though Beta ambushed my exploration warrior, never mind that he was questing to give Beta a despotic golden age.
                          And we casted him in bronze, and were going to place him a position of honour in Athens. But the barge sprung a leak crossing the River Aphrodite, so your warrior, covered in bronze, is now stuck somewhere in the mud at the bottom of the river. No worry though - in about 2000 years he will be discovered, cleaned up, and put in a museum.
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Beta


                            And we casted him in bronze, and were going to place him a position of honour in Athens. But the barge sprung a leak crossing the River Aphrodite, so your warrior, covered in bronze, is now stuck somewhere in the mud at the bottom of the river. No worry though - in about 2000 years he will be discovered, cleaned up, and put in a museum.

                            Comment


                            • This kind of thread banter is what makes PBEM most fun, I think.
                              Formerly known as Masuro.
                              The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Masuro
                                This kind of thread banter is what makes PBEM most fun, I think.
                                I agree. You should see the recent pirate banter in the Grand Passage thread. It's quite fun.

                                Between the banter, the near-turn-a-day pace, and the fact that I'm totally kicking everyone's arse it's no wonder that that's my favorite PBEM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X