MP with more than 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP with more than 2?

I am having trouble getting an internet MP game up and running between myself and my two brothers. Let me explain using brothers "A" and " B" and I'll be "C".

B can host either A or C, but not both.

I can host B but not A.

A can host B but not C. We all see each other when we try to start a game, but once we launch into the Game Setup Screen either A or C makes it in (assuming B is hosting). Its very weird.

This occurs regardless of whether we do direct IP or via Gamespy. I don't understand why A and C cannot be in the same game together despite being able to make it into the prelaunchwindow together.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. We are trying to get a game up during our limited holiday time.

Oh, one thing that might be of note: When we are all in the prelaunch window with B hosting, I (I'm C in this example) see B with a ping of about 31 and A with a ping of zero. A sees me with a ping of zero as well. Shouldn't that ping be something other than zero?

Thanks in advance.

Happy holidays!!!!!!

I seem to recall that only one computer can have an unconfigured firewall in the game. From your example it sounds like A and C have this problem. Can A + C play online without any problems?

Maybe go into your properties by right clicking on your internet connection and look for firewall.

Sorry I can't be more help.
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Snotty -- I feel like an idiot. You are absolutely correct. That's exactly the issue. So now, how do I address it. I've placed myself into the DMZ because my setup is very complex and I cannot completely remove the firewall. My brother just has a dsl modem and firewall software. Does he have to remove the software or can he just turn it off?

Thanks so much for your response. I feel like a total idiot for taking up bandwidth on this.

Happy holidays.

Comment

He can just turn it off by disabling it for the time period that you play.

Comment

Thanks to all -- we turned off a firewall and started a great three way game. Great -- except that I am currently third among the humans. Oh, and I don't have access to Iron and Korea (AI) just attacked.

Oh, how I love -- and hate -- this game.

Next up, to try a four person game with my Dad. He also has firewall issues. I'm hoping it will be the same easy solution. Thanks again and Happy New Year.

Comment

Working...
          X