Off we go!

World Size: Small
    Barb Activity: Random
    Land Mass: Random
    Water Coverage: Random
    Climate: Random
    Temperature: Random
    Difficulty: Regent

All victory types active. Cultural converstions possible. Random seed preserved.

Play order
    1. Shogun Gunner michaeldnelson A T msn D O T com
    2. SlightlyMadman bsarsgard A T slightlymad D O T net
    3. Beta brucehynes57 A T rogers D O T com
    4. Wittlich wittlich A T sbcglobal D O T net
    5. J2k pbem1 A T paperrat D O T com
    6. McMeadows verweg A T hotmail D O T com
    7. Snotty Snotty128 A T hotmail D O T com

I'm generating the game now and will send to SM in a few minutes.
    Last edited by Shogun Gunner; December 12, 2003, 10:36.
    Haven't been here for ages....

sent to SlightlyMadman 4000 BC

Comment

Another confirmation on this thread. Great job getting this game on the road SG.

Good game to everyone...

verweg AT hotmail
      don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Yes - a big SG. I am looking forward to a random-random game. And a lot of new folks I have not played with before. And of course - my good friend Witt.

But still waiting on the save from SlightlyMadman.

My e-mail - if you do not have it SM, is brucehynes57NOSPAMatrogersdotcom.

(yes - the NOSPAM comes out and the at and dot - well you know.)
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I did get an email from SlightlyMadman yesterday saying he would try to get a turn in before work. I hope he can do it today...

and thanks for all the nice comments. Seems like we got a good group.

Comment

Earth to SlightlyMadman... come in please.

(Beta thinks - gawd - this is only turn one. )

On a more serious note - Madman - if you are having problems wit the first turn - I don't know if you are new to pbem or not - let us know and we can walk you through it.

btw - the tried and true way of playing pbem saves is to load them via the load game option on the main screen. You only need to use the multi-player screen to set the game up.

Also - I would recommend you NOT rename the save. If you do, there is no guarantee you will get it the same the next time, and as a result, saves for the same game end up all over your save file. Some people do indeed rename the outgoing save file. I am not a big fan.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I sent SlightlyBusyman a message via email.

I do want to be flexible regarding each player's RL schedule, but we should all agree on some way to handle these inevitable situations as they will come up.

Comment

Okay, I hate to do this, but no response on turn 1 of PBEM game is not a good sign as Beta says.

If we don't get a response from SlightlyMadman by tomorrow AM, I'll start a new game with the remaining six. Any objections?

Comment

Nope - sounds good. If we want a seventh - just post again for a new player or I have a list of keeners. Hmm - why don't we try BigFree. Great civ player.

Just PM him - I'm sure he will be up for it.

Comment

Good idea. Bigfree should be thirsty for revenge after I beat him in the first round of the tourney.
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Without being too impatient, I think I can handle another game, so if anyone starts in one soon and a space is available, count me in. I've just organised my notebook to be able to log in both on my home network as well as at work so I should be able to respond fairly quickly. (Unless doom hits me again and messes up the home computer).
                        don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                          Okay, I hate to do this, but no response on turn 1 of PBEM game is not a good sign as Beta says.

If we don't get a response from SlightlyMadman by tomorrow AM, I'll start a new game with the remaining six. Any objections?
                          Sounds good to me Shogun.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Sorry guys, I had a busy day at work yesterday, so I wasn't looking at this thread. I never saw the save come through my mailbox, though. I even checked my spam catch.

If I can get that save today, I promise I'll pass it on this evening.

Sorry about the delay, guys, I want to get this thing going just as much as everyone else

Comment

Okay...glad you are still with us SlightlyMadman. I'm at work right now, so I will send the save when I get home later this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X