Firewall HOWTO help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall HOWTO help needed

I am TOTALLY fed up with the amount of problems firewalls are creating. So many people seem unable to configure them properly in order to play. For people on broadband telling them to 'turn it off' is unacceptable {we are talking about a windoze box here folks}. So I am currently in the process of creating a detailed HOWTO. Through my firewall I can connect to and play games fine, with limited success in hosting. However I feel I have opened too many ports and introduced redundant redirects. So I am looking for someone to assist me in testing and mapping everything that happens.
    The criteria are -
    intermediate knowledge of networking
    broadband connection
    currently able to play games

If this sounds like you, and you have a few hours to devote to portscanning and running trials, please contact me and lets get a decent concise HOWTO available very shortly.
    <>---Cyber-Spyder---<>

weaving webs within the web...

look forward to seeing resluts of all this... so many programs struggle with firewalls and yet tohers seem immune .. jsut bad programming ?????
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

what about people behind proxies and such?

i dont think C3C mp is socksified unfortunately, now is it? perhaps setting up an ip tunnel?

Comment

if you are behind a proxy, you are doomed. You will most likely be unable to play any online games - but no normal ISP uses them, anyways, except for web browsing.

Comment

Working...
        X