Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 280 AD sent

Oh the perfidity........
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Perfidy?

Hardly. England was warned not to enter Ottoman waters and return to their lands. Even after lavish gifts were bestowed upon England they disregarded a simple request from a peaceful empire.

We therefore send your scout's head back to you so that you might be more receptive to requests in the future.

Comment

• The scout you murdered and the ship you tried to sink (I thought it was barbs ) were (and are) in neutral waters.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• Those waters you traveled through and where you are now are claimed by the Ottoman Empire. They are not "neutral". If you would have listened to our envoys this unfortunate incident could have been avoided.

Instead you ignore our requests and take our scholars work with no comment except continuing on your course through our waters.

The Ottomans condemn your actions and would warn the Babylonians and Greeks that the English take goodwill and return nothing except war.

Comment

• Hmm...This is interesting because I asked the Ottomans to not enter my territory and I ensured them that I would not enter theirs if that was to be respected. But, the Ottomans entered my territory anyways. So, now, I am entering theirs. I did not want the Ottomans to scout my territory, but since they seem intent on scouting mine, I will scout theirs. Babylon has no intention of war or war like actions. The Ottomans are completely responsible for the Baylonian Empire's intrusion into their waters.

Comment

• 290AD sent

Comment

• Originally posted by SirOsis
                Those waters you traveled through and where you are now are claimed by the Ottoman Empire. They are not "neutral". If you would have listened to our envoys this unfortunate incident could have been avoided.

Instead you ignore our requests and take our scholars work with no comment except continuing on your course through our waters.

The Ottomans condemn your actions and would warn the Babylonians and Greeks that the English take goodwill and return nothing except war.

After a dangerous sea voyage our sailors did indeed enter Ottoman waters. You asked us to leave your waters (which we did). Then you attacked our galley in neutral waters despite our assurance that we had no hostile intent and without a declaration of war. Then you attacked our scout (outside of Ottoman claimed land).

Your reputation preceeds you Sir. In contrast, the Greeks and Babylonians know the worth of English honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH

After a dangerous sea voyage our sailors did indeed enter Ottoman waters. You asked us to leave your waters (which we did). Then you attacked our galley in neutral waters despite our assurance that we had no hostile intent and without a declaration of war. Then you attacked our scout (outside of Ottoman claimed land).

Your reputation preceeds you Sir. In contrast, the Greeks and Babylonians know the worth of English honour.
                  The land your scout was on is claimed by the Ottoman Empire. We also requested you to return to English waters not continue on your course through Ottoman lands.

The Ottomans gave you technology under the assumption you would withdraw. We heard of no thanks nor your intentions. The English apparently lack the ability to be gracious.

It is your reputation that preceeds you. I have not heard the Greeks or Babylonians praise English honour. I doubt any exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree
                    Hmm...This is interesting because I asked the Ottomans to not enter my territory and I ensured them that I would not enter theirs if that was to be respected. But, the Ottomans entered my territory anyways. So, now, I am entering theirs. I did not want the Ottomans to scout my territory, but since they seem intent on scouting mine, I will scout theirs. Babylon has no intention of war or war like actions. The Ottomans are completely responsible for the Baylonian Empire's intrusion into their waters.
                    The Ottomans have been careful not to enter your territory. We have maintained our galleys in neutral seas off your coasts and our horsmen outside your cultural boundries.

If Babylon continues its course along Ottoman shores that is a declaration of war. We are not responsible for your intrusion in our waters. You are fully responsible. Have your galley return to neutral waters or war is inevitable.

Comment

The land your scout was on is claimed by the Ottoman Empire. We also requested you to return to English waters not continue on your course through Ottoman lands.
                      The land my scout landed on is not within your cultural boundaries. Shall I post a picture? More likely it's that the Ottomans simply claim all land a theirs.

Comment

The Ottomans have been careful not to enter your territory. We have maintained our galleys in neutral seas off your coasts and our horsmen outside your cultural boundries.

If Babylon continues its course along Ottoman shores that is a declaration of war. We are not responsible for your intrusion in our waters. You are fully responsible. Have your galley return to neutral waters or war is inevitable.
                        Sir, you were not in 'neutral' seas; you were in fact inside my borders!

I first asked that you not enter my territory; but, you did anyways. So, one 'good' turn deserves another. Did expect that your intrusion would be forgotten. Was it enough to decalre war on you over it? No, I think not, but at the very least, I will take my Galley through your territory and not respect your wishes for me to leave since you showed me none of the same respect you are now asking for.

Is it your memory that is at fault or are you just looking to pick a fight?

I hope it's the former and that you can understand my position. I also hope that you do not act in a hasty manner and declare war on me as you have done with the English. I am not looking for war, but niether will I allow your intrusions go unnoticed.

Comment

• The Greeks, either by accident or design, have not suffered incursions by any of the peoples in this dispute.

We affirm our neutrality and would be willing to assist in a peaceful resolution of this conflict.
                          Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

• The humble Babylonians graciously accepts the offer made by the wise Greek people. Please let me know what I can do.

290 AD to Soltz.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree

Sir, you were not in 'neutral' seas; you were in fact inside my borders!

I first asked that you not enter my territory; but, you did anyways. So, one 'good' turn deserves another. Did expect that your intrusion would be forgotten. Was it enough to decalre war on you over it? No, I think not, but at the very least, I will take my Galley through your territory and not respect your wishes for me to leave since you showed me none of the same respect you are now asking for.

Is it your memory that is at fault or are you just looking to pick a fight?

I hope it's the former and that you can understand my position. I also hope that you do not act in a hasty manner and declare war on me as you have done with the English. I am not looking for war, but niether will I allow your intrusions go unnoticed.
                              The Ottomans have seen through your ruse. Our scholars have studied the map in which you claim we entered your territory and declare it a forgery. My captains are under strict orders not to enter the territories claimed by you. They have assured me that they did not enter Babylonian territory. I am much more inclined to believe my captains. They are most trustworthy.

Your galley within Ottoman waters has been destroyed. Apparently the Babylonians are as deaf and honourless as the English. Through your rash actions you have shown your penchant for war with the peaceful Ottoman Empire.

Comment

• Based upon their ability to 'spin' the truth I'd say the Ottomans must be Democrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X