hall of fame problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hall of fame problem

i edited the .bix file so that i can play with 12 civs on standard map and now none of my victories have been recorded in the hall of fame. is that a bug or hall of fame works only on nonedited bixs?

Yes, I've heard that the Hall of Fame will only keep track of your victories/losses if the .bix file is not edited. The problem is: you can edit the .bix file to play with more civs, but the trade off is that your score will not be recorded.

Comment

Yes, this is a huge problem. I hate this, hate hate hate this. I want to play giga maps with 31 civs and have the score recorded for posterity. But no, a few weeks after a game is finished I can scarcely remember it at all.

Comment

Yeah, if you play with ANY .bic/.bix rules modified, it will not add you to the HOF.
        Which in one way is good (i.e. you can't get a super score by giving yourself a massive advantage with custom map, etc.). But as indicated above causes some problems.
        -Sir T

Comment

It should just give you a score with an asterisk indicating altered game conditions.
          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Does it do the same even if you edit the civ3x.bix file? or does it only do it if you load a scenario. And in the first case I'd bve really interested in seeing how it finds out what the unalaerted rules are to see if the rules are alerted.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

After much discussion and considerable delay, we finally bring to you the strange creatures and fantastic animals of the Menagerie game! Civ Choice: Rome (as suggested by Carbon) Leader: Ringmaster P.T. Barnum of the Romans ;) Opponents: India, Celts, Greece, China, Persia, Carthage...

Scroll down to Sullla's last post. As best I can tell, the format under the "highscores" file in the PTW folder:

[Leader Name] [Civ#, Rome=1, England=16, etc.] [Score] [Diff level, 0=Chieftain, 5=Deity] [something to do with victory types?]

As for editing the civ3x.bix file, I'm not sure if that works. Nor am I able to test that right now (don't have PTW installed on this machine).
              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                Does it do the same even if you edit the civ3x.bix file? or does it only do it if you load a scenario. And in the first case I'd bve really interested in seeing how it finds out what the unalaerted rules are to see if the rules are alerted.
                From what I have read, modifying the bix file will also prevent the HoF scores.

See WarpStorm's comment in Post #6:

If you are playing a scenario that changes the rules, map, or units (or have modded civ3x.bix at all), your score will not be saved. This is intentional by Firaxis, not a bug. I happen to disagree with this decision.
                as well as WarpStorm's comments in Post #3; this one could be the best clue as to how to develop a workaround for it:

No, anything that changes the rules even if saved to civ3x.bix will not allow it to be saved. The games seems to me to be doing a checksum against the number held in the file civ3xid.mb and if they don't match it won't save the score. If someone could figure out the 'magic number' that went in here for a given .bix you could probably get around this. I'm pretty sure that this was put in there so that they didn't have to deal with a more flexible screen that allowed for custom civs. (Mike B, you should know that shortcuts always come back to haunt you.)
                Last edited by kring; April 25, 2003, 00:36.

Comment

It's a real drag to have to record your HOF manually (e.g., in notepad), but you can still do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X