BEST of the BEST / Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST of the BEST / Poll

How many of us will be interested in having a Hall of Fame for CIV3 players of this Forum ?

I think it would be a good idea because you could download the Best players games to see some strategy.

Bragging Rights also.
    Yes, I would be Interested
    44.83%
    No , don't care for one.
    44.83%
    What's a Hall of Fame?
    10.34%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Wizard55; April 18, 2003, 13:09.

where's the Banana option

Sos groso, sabelo!
    "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

"En el fútbol la que manda es la pelota" - Ángel Cappa

Comment

I am new to making polls, so I don't know what a Banana option would be!

Comment

You'll learn in time. In my year and a half here, I eventually understood the wisdom of the great banana, but it wasn't easy nor short. Stick in 'Poly, and you shall see the light too
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard55
          I am new to making polls, so I don't know what a Banana option would be!
          Every poll that is done on 'Poly, if it is to be taken seriously, should have "banana" as one of the options. Usually it's the last option and means "I Don't care".

In your poll, for instance, the last option would be something like:

"They need a Hall of Bananas".

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Could be nice ... but what will it be based on?

Highscores in diferent difficulty settings to start with and ...?

AJ
            " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
            - emperor level all time
            - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Why not just start a Civ III ladder straight away? Then you wouldn't have to calculate in scores or keep up-to-date a HoF.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Corp. The FAIR
                Could be nice ... but what will it be based on?

Highscores in diferent difficulty settings to start with and ...?

AJ
                I think the points you get are already dependent on the difficulty level. The only rule should be only that the games must be played unmodded.

For other rules you can always "steal" ideas from other civ-sites.
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Actually, there is an extremely active Civ3 ladder already out there: www.myleague.com/civ3ptw .... 1000 members approx, well-run, organized, players of all motivations and skill levels.

(Oh come on, the PTW forum folks know I haven't plugged the ladder on months.)

Check us out. There are a decent number of Apolytoners there already!
                  Friedrich Psitalon
                  Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
                  Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

What I have seen out here from other sites about rules is:

You pick your Civ , Difficulty Level, Victory conditions.
                    Everything else Random. No MOD games!

You submit saves of 4000BC, 10AD, and the last turn before you win. Maybe a txt file explaining what to do to win.

you could have the Top Five ,Top Ten in each Difficulty level.
                    or Top Five ,Top Ten in Victory Condition.

Comment

Meaningless, too easy to cheat.

Comment

Hi everybody...

Personally I could care less one way or another. I don't come here to compete with others or see who's better than who or whatever. I play Civ because it's fun and I come to this site to be with others who for the most part think the same thing. I'd never do very good because I don't play to be the best I play to have fun.

So as long as I'm not forced to participate(which I'm sure wouldn't be the case) I say those of you who want it go for it.

BigD
                        Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

I don't really care about ranking, but it would be fun / useful to have people show off there best games... could be very educational for newer players, too.

Maybe not even whole games. In the recent AU game where the surprise neighbor was Greece, some people (myself included) got off to some fabulous starts...
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                            don't really care about ranking, but it would be fun / useful to have people show off there best games... could be very educational for newer players, too.
                            I agree.
                            It would be just a place to say, Hey everyone this my Best game ever and I had fun doing it!

Orginally posted by BigDork
                            So as long as I'm not forced to participate(which I'm sure wouldn't be the case) I say those of you who want it go for it.
                            Well I'm glad we got your approval.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard55
                              Well I'm glad we got your approval.

BigD
                              Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

Working...
                              X