Pop limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop limit

Im sorry, i haven't played this game, but i was wondering what the pop limit was, and how it worked.

The pop limit is when your food surplus equals zero... depending on how many terrains are irrigated, if they have or not railroads and what city's improvements you have, it can be almost any number...

There is a limit, of course, but I don't know exactly what it is... Try to imagine a city surrounded by grasslands, RRed, irrigated all over and with all necessary improvements. And democracy, I think, gives a +1 for each tile, or is it just for production?

Comment

it gives an bonus... hmmmm but im not sure what max limit is... i think im gonna check thought
      Proud member of the PNY Brigade
      Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

A city has 20 squares around it plus the center tile. Assuming all grassland with no resources, that's 40 food. With irrigation, 60 food. With railroads, I THINK it jumps to 80 (the Civpedia doesn't specify the increase given by railroads). Democracy affects commerce and production, not food. I'm not sure what the bonus for the city itself is, but it's probably 1 food at most, so 3 for the city tile. That would be 83 food total, which would support a city of 41 with a surplus of 1 food. That 1 would get annoying as the city would constantly grow to 42 and starve back to 41 unless you play around with the population to get a zero surplus.

The only size 41 city I've seen is the World 2003 scenario's Tokyo, sporting a population of 8.6 million.

Comment

A very big flood plain area would be bigger but would not produce much. Flood plain start at 4

Comment

Okay, since you guys have asked for the theoretical maximum, the best would be 20 tiles of flood plains with wheat. Flood plains give 3 food, +2 for wheat, +1 for irrigation, +1 for railroads = 7 / floodpains wheat * 20 = 140. +2 for the city tile (never changes) and you get 142 food or size 71 (and a city that has no production).
            badams

Comment

It would be a pearl to look, though.

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
                +2 for the city tile (never changes) ...
                Not true, the number is based on the amount of food required by each citizen of your city. If you increase that amount to 3, the quantiity of food produced in the city centre will also be 3.

Comment

Okay, if unmodded, +2 never changes
                  badams

Comment

Taxes.... *drool*

Comment

Of course, with worker dogpiling you can grow the city just as large as you want.

Comment

Until it starves itself back down again.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Worker dogpiling was removed to a major extent in PTW. You can't add workers to a city that is starving anymore. In addition, they capped a city at 255 population.
                          Seemingly Benign
                          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

255??? Interesting, since a city with that population can only be gotten through mods.
                            badams

Comment

255 population should give a good tax revenue.

Comment

Working...
                              X