Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has the 1.21 patch for uk version arrived yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has the 1.21 patch for uk version arrived yet?

Does anyone know when it will be out?

I saw that the german version was right around the corner, so maybe the uk version is here soon??

no (at least not as know)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

This is getting beyond belief...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        This is getting beyond belief...
        If there are any other Europeans out there waiting for the patch, and indeed expecting any future patches to be localized for them, I thoroughly recommend finding 'alternative solutions'. Infogrames have dumped on us big-time, and Firaxis couldn't care less.

Comment

I asked Firaxian Barry Caudill in the Civfanatics chat yesterday. He told me the localizations should enter testing next week (he also told me the next patch for US version will enter testing in two weeks ).

I have taken my UK 1.14f at Civ3.de, as they had it uploaded more quickly than 'Poly and Firaxis themselves I trust them to upload the European version of the patch as soon as it's out.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
            I asked Firaxian Barry Caudill in the Civfanatics chat yesterday. He told me the localizations should enter testing next week (he also told me the next patch for US version will enter testing in two weeks ).
            Well, if that is the case then it strongly suggests that the next patch for The Motherland will not be available to lowly Europeans for quite some time, if ever. It would make no sense to release the previous patch for us two weeks before the next one comes out, if it was the case that they intended to localize the newer patch soon after it was released. We have been waiting since the 28th of February for this one, after all, why not wait a few more weeks and just get the newest patch?

I have taken my UK 1.14f at Civ3.de, as they had it uploaded more quickly than 'Poly and Firaxis themselves I trust them to upload the European version of the patch as soon as it's out.
            I'm taking steps to try and make sure I don't have to wait months for the next patch simply because I'm an inferior European. I reallly don't recommend anyone to hold their breath waiting for future patches for their filthy, inferior European products.

Comment

Why they do not make the compatible patches for all the versions?
              El futuro pertenece a quienes creen en la belleza de sus sueños.
              - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Alfonso
                Why they do not make the compatible patches for all the versions?
                hi ,

infogreed , ..... they dont feel its needed to make them , yet , .....

just by the US english version , dont forget that the next time (!)

have a nice day
                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Panag :
                  I bought Civ3 from an American online store. 45 € for the game, 15 € to send it, 15 € tolls
                  That's why I bought PtW from Amazon.co.uk, to avoid paying so much for post, and to have no tolls. Had I bought it in the US, it would have costed me twice too much.

Last part edited by ming... you know, that anti "piracy" theme that we have here
                  Last edited by Ming; April 14, 2003, 17:01.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                    Panag :
                    I bought Civ3 from an American online store. 45 € for the game, 15 € to send it, 15 € tolls
                    That's why I bought PtW from Amazon.co.uk, to avoid paying so much for post, and to have no tolls. Had I bought it in the US, it would have costed me twice too much.
                    hi ,

you should have follow the link's from apolyton , ......

it would have been 25 usd with free shipping and a bit of tax , .....

oh , if you are in europe and bought it from amazon uk then you cant pay taxes , .....

have a nice day
                    Last edited by Ming; April 14, 2003, 17:02.
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

you should have follow the link's from apolyton , ......

it would have been 25 usd with free shipping and a bit of tax , .....

oh , if you are in europe and bought it from amazon uk then you cant pay taxes , .....

have a nice day
                      That really isn't helpful. Europeans have had PTW for months and the first two patches came out without bother. This recent debacle comes a long time after we bought PTW from European outlets. This is also a problem I have never had for any other PC game--it is a unique situation for Sid Meier to be in, that is to say, to have his name attached to a game which the publishers are only prepared to support if yours is stamped with the Stars and Stripes.

Edit: Infogrames never originally intended Europeans to see the 1.21f patch. God only knows if they were planning to localize any more updates until they received a barrage of complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by David Murray

That really isn't helpful. Europeans have had PTW for months and the first two patches came out without bother. This recent debacle comes a long time after we bought PTW from European outlets. This is also a problem I have never had for any other PC game--it is a unique situation for Sid Meier to be in, that is to say, to have his name attached to a game which the publishers are only prepared to support if yours is stamped with the Stars and Stripes.

Edit: Infogrames never originally intended Europeans to see the 1.21f patch. God only knows if they were planning to localize any more updates until they received a barrage of complaints.
                        hi ,

ptw was out for months , before it came in its "local version , .....

the problem is not Sid or Firaxis , the main problem is infogrames , ...... and the smartface who kissed some-one behind in figuring out a way to stop illegal copies , ..... by making at least one version for each country , ...... and using a different software protection for PTW then CIV III , .....

well infogrames has stated that it would give the money back guarantee if one does not like the product , ......

since most europeans have to pay from 35 all the way up to 60 USD / EUR for a copy of PTW , they are still better of with a US english copy that cost 26 plus tax , .....

then again , there are a lot of europeans who are lucky , the first "batch" in most countries is US english , .....

so are the special versions

have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by David Murray
                          Heh heh ... yes, hats off to the guy who invented the anti-piracy technique. Sure will stop pirates in their tracks. Not like it takes 20 seconds to find the 'solution' with a judicious search on Google.
                          hi ,

wanna bet he is going to get his desk cleaned out ones they have figured out that sales are dropping thanks to this , ...... they are bound to loose money this way , ..... more money then a couple guys who make some copies who have cost them , ......

have a nice day

Comment

Hmmm... I can see that some people have forgotten all about this sites position on piracy of software.

This site does not support or condone the illegal use of software. and this includes no disc hacks that are NOT approved by the publishers.

It's illegal... period. I had to delete a lot of posts in this thread... next time, I will just ban people and delete the whole thread.

Oh... and David Murray... the next time you promote illegal use of software on this site, you will get a very long vacation.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Heh. I wondered when Ming would show up.

It really is a shame that PTW isn't patched up equally for the different versions. The no-cd patch apparently can fix this fiasco even if it is "illegal".

The copy protection is only harming the consumer.

All we really want is to be all at 1.21 version instead of needing multiple installs to play a game that isn't really finished yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X