No announcement yet.

"Coolest" units ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rider. Just so much cooler than knight, tho samurai's not bad either.

Comment

Man O War. I couldn't believe it the first time i saw one of those
      "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Samurai.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

BATTLESHIP! I love how it turns to fire a broadside and the sound is thunderous.

KABOOOOOOM!
          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

I'd have to say the Guerilla. The bandana, the machine gun with the bayonet. Sure looks badass. Too bad its completely useless. Or perhaps the medieval infantry. Clad in plate armour, bashing the enemy with his flail, and making an orc-like roar when promoted.

In vanilla Civ III, I really find jet fighters and F-15s cool. Especially seeing them shoot an enemy aircraft out of the sky.
            "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
            "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
            "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

panzers r teh win

Comment

What?
                "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

its internet speak for 'panzers are the winner' and i was being ironic by saying it in that way, deriding this poll and all that reside within

i think panzers are cool, but samurai are good too

Comment

Stealth fighter looks good.
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

How can you go wrong with an one eyed elephant?

Comment

Viking Berserk or Spanish Conquistador. I love the fact that the dog barks when the latter attacks.
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Numidian Mercenary!!!! Do Ptw units not count?
                          I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

Comment

The Medieval Infantry ARE really cool with the way they swing the flail around.

The Samurai are definitely the coolest UU, although the Immortals are fun to watch too.

In the Double Your Pleasure mod, the Air Cavalry are really, really cool.
                            "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
                            - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Comment

F-15s are happy and joyful

Comment

The settler is fun. You can almost hear his kitchenware balancing in the backpack.

Comment

Working...
                                X