"Coolest" units ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Coolest" units ?

It's NOT about the strenght or abilities of the units... Just "enter" these criterions : fun, design, and animation !

Wich one is your favourite ?

Mine are Samurai & Musketeers.
    Impi
    1.79%
    Immortal
    3.57%
    Cossack
    5.36%
    F15
    3.57%
    Samurai
    23.21%
    Man-O-War
    5.36%
    Jaguar Warrior
    3.57%
    Babylonian Archer
    0.00%
    Legion
    16.07%
    Hoplite
    1.79%
    Rider
    5.36%
    Musketeer
    0.00%
    Mounted Warrior
    5.36%
    Panzer
    8.93%
    War Charriot
    1.79%
    War Elephant
    14.29%

Man o war because its rubbish
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Jaguar Warrior cause it sounds cool when attacking
      badams

Comment

Buuuuuuuuuuu
        Wy not Worrior????
        I like the Worrior. Simple soldier, quite good look, nice animation, I just like it.

Comment

I agree with you, Epics !
          I only selected the UU's, but the simple warrior is great : the animation and sound of his axe and, besides... his SCREAM when he gets promoted !! Probably the best "regular" unit !

Comment

The mounted warrior will decide the game for pretty much anybody onthe continent.

Combined with the cheap temples and culture bonus for having a religous civ they are a deadly invasion force.
            If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected - SunTzu

Comment

Lucarse... I specified that the pool is NOT about the strenght of the units !! We just talk about design, animation, sound, fun, etc.

There are already hundreds of pools about "the best UU"...

Comment

sorry can't read i change it to the paratrooper then, you gotta love those guys dropping out of the sky!
                If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected - SunTzu

Comment

I really enjoy seeing the massive bulk of the War Elephants when I'm playing India. They make me feel so much more powerful than I am.

For regular units, I really like the Rifleman because of the sneeze.
                  Better living through tyranny

Comment

Battleships I like how they look when they are firing, it looks so powerful.
                    -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Of those, I think I enjoy the Legion: they go there, kill the enemy, beat some swords on shields and make a modest cheer. Not too much, of course, since it's just another victory in many of the Romans.

But I truly like the Swordsman... They impale the enemy, and when promoted, impale the ground and make that "Wough!" shout that seems a grave cheer of a constipated warrior.

Edit: B*st*rd Y that keeps annoying me going away!

Comment

My favorite regular unit is the Infantry. I think the doughboy soldier firing the bolt action rifle is really cool.
                        "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

where have i seen this thread before? hmmm

oh yes, the samurai and legions would have to be th coolest

Comment

Mounted Warrior - but then again, I'm partial to the Iroquois!
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I think the Infantry doughboy (or maybe hes a tommy) is cool, the Rifleman is pretty cool as well.

But by far i love the Marine, his boots, his helmet, his machine gun. He is so badass. Its a crying shame that he sucks so bad...
                              Shouldn't you be dead or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X