cant see the goody huts in civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant see the goody huts in civ3

been playing civ since I and recently got III. just can´t seem to see the goodyhuts while. i occasionaly run into them getting techs and units though.

are they invisible or what?

be glad if anyone could explain this to me and if possible link me to a screenshot with a goodyhut.

regards
    zz

The huts are definately visable, and you should be able to see them. Are you using some kind of mod or illegal version of the game?
    "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

What do you mean you can't see them? Are you saving none are in the game at all? This could happen if you choose no barbarians.
      Or are you saying they are rare? They can be hard to see if they are in large patches of jungle.
      I have not heard of anything strange, but a mod could do many things, especially a graphics one.

Comment

im not using a mod or anything like that. i just get surprised every time i step inte one cause i didntsee it before. but maybe its just a case of me not knowing what they look like.

although that does sound a little strange since i should react at least when they are at grasslands and such....

i do see the huts where barbarians are spawned. do they look like that?

Comment

They look like mushrooms...
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

ah. i remember seeing some brown little mushrooms but have never connected them with huts

thx

Comment

Originally posted by zzarkov
              ah. i remember seeing some brown little mushrooms but have never connected them with huts

thx

* A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
              * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
              * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
              * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

They look like this goto C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Terrain\goodyhuts.pcx

Comment

thx ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by zzarkov
                    thx ill have a look
                    You might want to try this graphic instead, it's a little easier to see. I found the default graphic looks to much like the one used for Gold. Put it into your CivIII\Art\Terrain folder.

PS After you unzip it of course.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Willem; April 6, 2003, 22:46.

Comment

Working...
                    X