• Show
Clear All

• Civ3's biggest failure is it's lack of scenario "events.txt"

I say so. Who's with me?

Been there, done that.

But you surely have a point.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Yep sure. Some special events would beef the game up. Random-wars or historical events would be nice. I sign your petition.

Comment

next expansion pack i hope
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

as if.
          badams

Comment

Not only is it not going to happen, but such scripting is a legacy from previous civ games. It's like complaining there is no 'firepower' in Civ3 because it was in Civ2, like comparing apples and oranges. Civ3 is obviously not really for recreating historical scenarios.

Comment

Nope that argument doesnt wash, if Civ 3 wasnt for historical scenarios then giving us a scenario editor was a pretty weak move. Personally I think we WILL see these tools released at some point, I just hope it isnt too long a wait.

Comment

Firaxis went 'away' for the past weekend. Perhaps they were brainstorming for just such an expansion?!

Comment

Civ3's biggest failure is it's lack of scenario "events.txt"

That's probably true.
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

My guess is that the civ III game engine wouldn't support events.txt without tweaking, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
                    badams

Comment

THIS is very true. I was just thinking to myself if there was a way to add events for a scenario... sucks that there isnt. humph

Comment

Like Kentonio, I'm afraid that I can't support your arguments, Jaybe. I've read a lot of the Firaxis chats that have been published, both here and at CF's, to know that an event scripting language has LONG been on the agenda of the games designers, as they are ALWAYS saying that it on their "wish-list". If they had no intention of including it at all, then I'm certain their response to such requests would have been: "No Comment" .

Yours,
                        The_Aussie_Lurker

Comment

Any programmers around?

Start tweaking!
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                            Firaxis went 'away' for the past weekend. Perhaps they were brainstorming for just such an expansion?!
                            Hey they did a brainstorming weekend *good* Does this mean we can expect a new patch in a few days Firaxis

Comment

IIRC, Firaxis said that they would be working on a new patch for PTW...
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X