The Spanish and their UU (Firaxis ??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catt
    I still think there's a pretty good chance though that, as you suggest, it is evidence of some experimentation with the civ traits and UU features.
    It was experimented with. I remember a version that replaced the Cavalry. This was a real bad trade off. I know that I was one of the people who suggested it be moved.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm

It was experimented with. I remember a version that replaced the Cavalry. This was a real bad trade off. I know that I was one of the people who suggested it be moved.
      Yeah, I remember early PTW reviews / interviews indicating that the Conquistador replaced the cavalry (and it sounds like there is a problem to that effect in the Spanish version of the game).

Did you beta-testers ever play an expansionist Spanish civ (I think that's Unconquered's suspicion based on the position in the upgrade chain)?

The vanilla Civ 3 manual listed the Chinese as Industrious and Scientific -- and the ealry (still?) editor flags had a bunch of flags checked that one would expect for a Scientific civ -- even though the Chinese were released as Militaristic instead of Scientific. (The Rider was also listed as 2.2.2 replacing the horseman). I took that as a pretty strong indication that the designers had experimented pretty widely with the Chinese civ's traits and UU .

Catt

Comment

Working...
      X