Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlegroups and exercises

Ok, got a question and an idea here.

The questions, what do yous do with your carriers in time of peace? I send them out on trips around the world in hope that i'll have at least one in range of anybody who declares war on me at somtime, i also set them their own battlegroup so they have things like battleships defending them, and subs scouting out around them.

And the idea. Do people think militery exercises would be good?
    I think they should increase a units experiance level up one, with maximum levels depending on techs.
    It would cost money to.

This would be just like what the British army does when it goes on Exercise in Canada with a sort of militery grade version of laser tag.
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

I like to position them in strategic defensive places, with some periodic recoissance missions around certain AI favourite routes.

Comment

Hazie:

I also put my carriers in battle groups. A typical carrier battle group would consist of 4-6 carriers, 10 destroyers and an equal amount of nuc subs. When ageis is discovered I add about 3-5 cruisers to the group. As far as peacetime I usually just keep em close to home I can get them where they are needed in less than 10 turns at any rate (and I modded the Stealth bombeer to have unlimited range).

Finally, NO to military exercises although a small wonder National Traning Center (like Ft. Irwin for the US or the Negev desert for the Israelis) would be good.
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

I agree.
        consprit -hp 2 barbarian or
        regular - hp 3, built normaly without barracks
        veteran - hp 4 , w/ barracks
        some level - hp 5, would cost money to train or could be gained in combat
        elit- hp6 gained in combat

Comment

Would help those peacful civs get a better militery.

Comment

epics:

Better would be to have a level after elite instead of before. But training should only be able to be carried out in a very few (Im thinking a single) city.
            * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
            * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
            * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
            * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Typically locate them in strategic areas far from my cities to be able to project global influence.

Comment

We already have a training ground...barracks
                badams

Comment

Mad Bomber: Agree.

badams52: But that training would represent better soldiers, let's say marines, or some other special forces (GROM )

Comment

If you are really iterested in reality, you can set up a bombing range in your territory, just bomb improvements

I've done it a couple of times when I haven't had anything better to do... (or anyone better to bomb)
                    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

In reality you would be sent to prison for that

Comment

*cough* Saddam *Cough* lol

Comment

you can set up a bombing range in your territory

*cough*Vieques*cough*
                          "When we begin to regulate, there is naming,
                          but when there has been naming
                          we should also know when to stop.
                          Only by knowing when to stop can we avoid danger." - Lao-zi, the "Dao-de-jing"

Comment

Oh please, the US has dozens of bombing ranges as do most other countries in the world! How else are they going to practice??

Of course, nasty thing would be if people actually lived in those bombing ranges...

You can set up a bombing range outside any city's radius so you don't do needless damage. Put some workers nearby to repair the damage and repeat. Sure keeps an itchy trigger finger happy.

(I am truly a sick and twisted human being)
                            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Re: Battlegroups and exercises

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
                              And the idea. Do people think militery exercises would be good?
                              I think they should increase a units experiance level up one, with maximum levels depending on techs.
                              It would cost money to.
                              This would be just like what the British army does when it goes on Exercise in Canada with a sort of militery grade version of laser tag.
                              Right I always send my fleet around to see what's going on in the world. A nice trip is good for the morals of the soldiers, come to the navy see the world and get a woman in every port around the world
                              I like your idea because navy exercises boosts the experience. When you see a lot you learn a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X