No announcement yet.

First win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so in my current game as the Russians, I started with Manya's strategy and at one point had seven cities after building only one settler and that wasn't from my capital.

But that doesn't mean I'd have done that in Agamennon's game.

Comment

Agamennon--
      Yer choice of Russia is interesting, but may be why it took so long to win. Comm/Ind civs have great growth potential early on (France, Carthage). Some don't like to play as comm/ind civs, but I always have a good time with them.
      Conquest victories are great (altho' they make me feel all icky) Try 'em next --Rob

BTW: congrats
      "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

I just had my first win and it too was a cultural one. Of course it was at the lowest difficulty level so not all that surprising.

I found the cultural victory kind of anti-climatic. I would have liked to have seen a little something more...something...any way, now I will try at higher levels.

Comment

Woohoo, another opportunity to wear my party hat!

Comment

Domination victory kinda sux.

Comment

I managed my first win on Monarch a few weeks back. Cultural with the Egyptians. That might sound pathetic but I have had the game for over a year and haven't had the time to play it all that much. I think I've played about six complete games (starting from the basic level which was easy).

What am I supposed to do on Emperor level. I just get hopelessly behind no matter what (building the GL doesn't seem to help).

Does any one else like Marines, Paratroopers and Choppers as much as I do? I like dropping them into mountains to secure a base from which to smite cities. Plus the Marines look so cool.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Marines Paratroops Choppers

That's all i can say
                Sos groso, sabelo!
                "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

"En el fútbol la que manda es la pelota" - Ángel Cappa

Comment

they may not be that good, but none can deny that they are cool!

Comment

Does any one else like Marines, Paratroopers and Choppers as much as I do? I like dropping them into mountains to secure a base from which to smite cities. Plus the Marines look so cool.
                    There's not a single reason not to use tanks, if you have the resources, which kinda like sucks.

Comment

Besides by the time tanks are on, i already conquered most of the land and for sure i will have oil.

Btw, the are cool but useless
                      Sos groso, sabelo!
                      "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

Comment

Btw, the are cool but useless
                        Tanks should not be able to move in the jungle

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu

Tanks should not be able to move in the jungle
                          By the time I have tanks, there's no jungle left on the planet
                          badams

Comment

By the time I have tanks, there's no jungle left on the planet

I'm talking about the enemy territory, here

Comment

Originally posted by Tuomerehu

I'm talking about the enemy territory, here

By that time there are no enemy land left
                              Sos groso, sabelo!

Comment

By that time there are no enemy land left
                                You always want to get the last word, don't you?
                                If there's no land left, you don't have to use neither the marines OR tanks. Problem solved

Comment

Working...
                                X