First win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First win

This is my first victory, which is cultural.

Anyone have any suggestions om how I can improve?
    Attached Files

Can't look at your .sav right now, but congratulations!

Comment

I like cultural wins. The leaders all kiss you and shake hands with you. Ah, such a delight!

Even more fun is a diplomatic victory!

Comment

Ah the first win It's always a good feeling when you know you are the best
        Congratulations may many many more follow.

Comment

Originally posted by pedrojedi
          I like cultural wins. The leaders all kiss you and shake hands with you. Ah, such a delight!

Even more fun is a diplomatic victory!
          I think that cultural and diplomatic victories were interesting additions to the game, but the way they were implemented is far from satisfactory or rewarding to the player. The diplomatic victory, in particular, is a bland and uninteresting one.

If the UN could function more like the Planetary Council in SMAC it would be cool.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Hmmh. Don't have time to look at your .sav. Can you tell me what level of difficulty it was?

Comment

I hate diplomatic and raise the city of containing it if I can.

If you lose the vote thier should be an option that you can refuse to accept it but evryone else decalres war and will not make peace.
              Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
              Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Congrats! Only way is to play more. The more you play the better you get. And the higher levels you play on the more points you make.

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

but you're cutting it rather fine. You would be facing a histographic loss in 2050.

Since noone else wants to make any suggestions I suppose I'll try.

1. Build more settlers, faster

I assume you know you need to expand faster. The Civ3 AI is rather aggressive about this and the result is that they're all bigger than you on Chieftain.

You don't need big cities early on or that many improvements or too big a military early unless you attack. More cities would help all that eventually anyway. So give settlers a higher priority.

2. Put your cities closer together.

I don't like to see that your wasting space in your empire even at the end of the game. So inefficient!
                  Even bad terrain can be improved if you have enough workers (which you probably need more of.)
                  Even having your settlers, workers and other units travel less far helps. Corruption gets worse further away from your capital too.

0. Most importantly, more practice.

But then what did you buy the game for anyway?

Comment

puf, more settlers, just invade the other civs cities (btw don't take this advice to seriously)
                    Sos groso, sabelo!
                    "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

"En el fútbol la que manda es la pelota" - Ángel Cappa

Comment

That's actually not bad advice. Occasionally, you'll be placed in a situation(such as getting horsemen or other units from huts) where you have the opportunity knock a civ out of the game early on.

Comment

it isn't???? wow, i thought it sucked
                        Sos groso, sabelo!
                        "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

Comment

Well, like I said, depends on the situation. I'm not saying your strategy should be plunk down a settler and crank out mil units. Ah, never mind.

Comment

Well it should
                            Sos groso, sabelo!

Comment

It would be easier, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X