The micromanagment system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The micromanagment system

I would like to add one more City Improvment to the game. It would not be just an ordinary building. Let's call it "infrastructure". It would represent the level of development of the city. The cost of it would depend on the population number. There would come few levels of that with time (different infrastructure is needed in ancient times and different in modern times). So another kinds of it would come with the new era or with the specific tech.

Now what would it do:
    I was thinking about limmiting coruption, maybe waste, improving happiness, raising income.
    Was wondering about maintenance but maybe you can give i thought.

War would lower the level of infrastructure in all cities about, let's say, 5%. And maybe any built unit in the city would lower the infrastrucutre in that city about another 5%. It could be bombarded as any other build what would lower the level another few %.

Too complicated, might work in a new game or be hardcoded into an addon
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

I think it's a good idea if kept in a more simple way; there must be a simplification of those rules, or a good re-thinking of it.

Comment

But the rules are very simple. It is build as any other building. I.e. if we build infrastructure for 2 turns it will raise 2,45%, then we build something else and then go back to the infrasturcture. Simple.

You may have an opposite opinion but I wanted to implement this option just to take care of the problem that we don't have control of the level of organization and development of our country.

Comment

Just in case you want to propose new ideas or want to read some, there is a very interesting Apolyton forum just for this.
          Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

But the rules are very simple. It is build as any other building. I.e. if we build infrastructure for 2 turns it will raise 2,45%, then we build something else and then go back to the infrasturcture. Simple.
            Still, too complicated.

Comment

You people must be very... uh... special if you can't understand the concept. I don't see any need to it but not a big deal to throw it in.

Comment

Well, sorry to say it but the current state of the editor would not make such an improvement possible

Now if you can hack the game...
                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                  Now if you can hack the game...

Then old Sid will hunt you down and send you back to the Stone Age

btw is it just me or there can't be a thread without Master Zen posting in it
                  Last edited by Manya; March 23, 2003, 11:26.
                  Sos groso, sabelo!
                  "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

"En el fútbol la que manda es la pelota" - Ángel Cappa

Comment

You people must be very... uh... special if you can't understand the concept. I don't see any need to it but not a big deal to throw it in.
                    I understand what he means. I just think that it would be too complicated, mm'kay?

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
                      Just in case you want to propose new ideas or want to read some, there is a very interesting Apolyton forum just for this.
                      http://www.apolyton.net/forums/forum...s=&forumid=176
                      Thanks, was lookin for that

Originally posted by Master Zen
                      Well, sorry to say it but the current state of the editor would not make such an improvement possible
                      Unfortunatly I know that.

Originally posted by Tuomerehu
                      I understand what he means. I just think that it would be too complicated, mm'kay?
                      I will say it one more time: It is not very complicated, it is very easy to get use to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Manya

No, there can't!
                        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Manya

I saw one

Comment

I will say it one more time: It is not very complicated, it is very easy to get use to it!
                            Getting used to something? Too complicated!

Seriously, the idea may be good, but I think that the current improvements of the game already represent an upgrade of infrastructure management of the governor. The only idea that I advocate for future civs is a new kind of citizen: there is the worker, the entertainer, the tax guy and the scientist. Why can't be there a prosecutor/judge (5-10% less corruption in the city for each one)???

Comment

That's why he's called Master Zen.

Comment

Working...
                              X