World maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World maps

I've seen quite a lot of these exist, which ones would you recomend?

IMPORTANT: starting positions should be correct, I refuse to play Rome, and start in Mongolia just beside the Aztecs

Ka-El
    El Mency

are the good ones. If the starts are not right then just change them yourself.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Marla Singer's?

I havent played any of them though

Comment

Depends what size you want. El-mency just put out a massive 362X362 map in the files forum. I imagine it would make for an unbearably long game, and would kill anything but the top-of-the-line systems. But it's incredibly well-done.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

theres one called Earth 256 or something thats pretty good but also huge. I think the incans replace the iroqois

Comment

The problem with the world maps, for me at least, is that the European civs get an unfair shake in terms of expansion room, and in Civ that's a killer.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I like the El-mency maps, but have stopped playing known maps.

(God, how well I remember the Civ2 worldmap... I can still envision the glory and pain of China, the incredible riches of North America, the frustration of South America, etc. Greenland for goody huts...)
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I played on a world map once, back in civ I. I prefer not to know the underlying terrain.
                badams

Comment

I too, don't like playing with any of the pre-made maps. They take away the discovery/exploration part of the game.

Comment

I think a variation of Marla's is probably best. He did a very good job on it, and I think there may be a version that has the civ-sites pre-set already.

Comment

for all of you is not el-mency is el mencey
                      Sos groso, sabelo!
                      "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

"En el fútbol la que manda es la pelota" - Ángel Cappa

Comment

(God, how well I remember the Civ2 worldmap... I can still envision the glory and pain of China, the incredible riches of North America, the frustration of South America, etc. Greenland for goody huts...)
                        US and Africa we're goldmines in Civ1.

Comment

Working...
                        X