No announcement yet.

better late than never?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, and they're still wielding spears??

I guess imagination might work, however, it does not for one moment compensate for negligence on Firaxis's part. Their job is to imagine things for us...
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
      I will say it again and again for the umpteenth time in the umpteenth thread:

WE NEED A PANZER GENERAL-STYLE COMBAT SYSTEM FOR LAND FIGHTING!!

PG's combat simple was very simple yet very fun and in some ways rather realistic (I am of course comparing it to other more complex wargames like TOAW)

For example, PG differentiated units as being "hard" or "soft". Tanks were hard, infantry, artillery, transports were soft. Each unit would have rating againt hard or soft units so you would have tanks which were real good against other tanks, and those who were better against infantry.

Also, soft units had advantages in adverse terrain, so you wouldn't be able to take a city with tanks, just like in real life. You'd have to soften it up with artillery, aircraft, and then attack using infantry. This chess-like way of playing is what made it so fun.

In PG you only had one unit per hex, no stacking. It was nevertheless possible to launch spearheads into enemy territory by breaking their front and swarming in. Perhaps PG's greatest flaw was in its logistic system but with a few twists it could be easily ammended.

I like the system in Panzer general to !
      You saw what you wanted
      You took what you saw
      We know how you did it
      Your method equals wipe out

Comment

Working...
      X