Firaxis is hiring!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis is hiring!

Firaxis is hiring lost of programmers and artists!

Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of groundbreaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
    Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
    Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
    I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Many people claim they already have their fair share of 'lost' programmers and don't need any more....
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

What? Programming games, with a fan base like us? Nah...!

Comment

Multiplayer Programmer

Qualifications:

5-7 years experience in game development
        Key involvement with at least 2 multiplayer titles from a major studio
        Excellent team skills
        Extensive knowledge of DirectPlay
        Winsock and Internet experience helpful
        Experience with Match Making services (GameSpy, MSN, BattleNet, AOL)
        Experience with peer to peer multiplayer game model.
        BS in Computer Science or more
        Passion for making games a must
        A little late maybe?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Amesjustin,

firaxis has been hiring for a long time, but they couldn't find people good enough.

Quote:
          Upon successful completion of one hundred games at Deity level, the player will have the possibility of playing at Overgod level. Upon proof of winning ten games in a row, the successful player will be asked to join the firaxis Advanced Computer Games Team based in Alma Alta as Senior Creator until mandatory retirement at the age of 75, subjet to mutual agreement on salary, pension benefits, free game hours etc.
          Unquote

You will find all the details in the standard 'Instruction Manual CivIII' page 237.

You should read your manual more carefully...
          The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Upon successful completion of one hundred games at Deity level, the player will have the possibility of playing at Overgod level. Upon proof of winning ten games in a row, the successful player will be asked to join the firaxis Advanced Computer Games Team based in Alma Alta as Senior Creator until mandatory retirement at the age of 75, subjet to mutual agreement on salary, pension benefits, free game hours etc.
            Has anyone ever managed to do that??
            And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

Sure, most people on this forum are playing at Overgod level. Man, those nukes in 100BC really hurt

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yep, you'd better start going....

Comment

Right.....overgod....don´t think I´ve even played 100 games in total...
                  (Actually, I´d like that )
                  And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

That's funny, my manual ends at page 235...
                    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

A pity I'm still a couple years from my degree.

Comment

A simple degree won't cut it. Looks like they are looking for a seasoned guru - they do need one to get back on track. I never got my degree (aside from a general AA), but I have three years programming experience, and 2 certs with a third coming down the pipe and if theses are the real requirements I might as well apply for an intern position!
                        Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
                        Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
                        I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

They should f-cking hire alexman and be done with it.

Grr.
                          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                          X