5CC, What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5CC, What do you think?

Just was looking on the CFC site and noticed a new article on 5CC - 5 City Challenge. This peaked my curiosity. Since I know people have played OCC and won, I was wondering what others might think about the 5CC.

Mainly 5 is the chosen number because of Battlefield Medecine, Wall Street, etc.

I was thinking it would still be pretty easy.
    Sign me up!
    43.75%
    Sounds interesting but I'll pass.
    25.00%
    Nah, sounds boring.
    6.25%
    Never, the real challenge is OCC.
    0.00%
    I'd rather eat a banana.
    25.00%
    badams

Depends on what level we are talking about..
    (it's a good exercise nonetheless )
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Would the cities have to be closely spaced, far flung, or whatever you want?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
        Would the cities have to be closely spaced, far flung, or whatever you want?
        A good 5 city challange setup is the 5 cities in a diamond shape with three on a coast. All city sites should be close enough for mutual protection but far enough away that you can utilize all 21 tiles.
        * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
        * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
        * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
        * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

I'll play it, just for fun. Normal game can get borring (not yet but maybe in the future ), and this idea is worth of checking it out.

Comment

Like I said, try to do this for your next game.
            You will be faced with many new problems,
            that will force you to use new tactics, which will improve your gameplay
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Can I edit the terrin
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Hi everybody...

I'm always looking for a new way to play Civ3. Heck ya I'm in.

BigD
                Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

Hmm good idea- someone post a 4000BC savegame
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

What size map are you supposed to play on
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

recommend for a OCC or a 5CC a map size of standard or smaller (tiny is the easiest) and as many civ's as the map will support.

edit: deleted irrelevent comment
                      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Well it is lunch time, so I'd rather have a banana....

Seriously, I think playing it the normal way is difficult enough at the moment, so I think I'll stick to that for now.....

May be in a distant future when I get bored (will that ever happen?)
                        It is I Le Clerk! ;-) Quote from Allo allo.

Comment

Working...
                        X