I Hate That Stupid Draft Button.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate That Stupid Draft Button.

Look at it. Just sitting there, so tiny, so innocent looking, so BLOODY FREAKING EASY to hit when rush building!!!!

If there was one design item I'd change in city view, it would be to have an "Are You Sure?" box open for that button, just as they do for rush building.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

I have never used it. What is it for?
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I know what you're saying, but it's only happened to me a couple of times. Just right click on the city from the outside, don't go to the city screen when rushing buildings. You'll have less headaches that way.

BTW, you can also mess up when right clicking too, it's just not as easy.
      badams

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
        I have never used it. What is it for?
        It creates a Conscript defensive unit.
        I agree, M. Monk. After months of scarcely noticing the button was even there, a couple of weeks ago I started hitting it every time I wanted to rush something. The rotten thing should be moved to a separate screen by itself, lol.
        "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Comment

The conscript has 2 hit-points. It also creates unrest in the city for 20 years (cumulative) and reduces the city population by 1.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I know what you mean.

I too had a lot of problems with it changing from Civ to PTW.
            Now it still happens from time to time, it isn't the best placed button, but please no more pop-ups
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Isn't the hurry production just below the Abadon City option in the right-click menu? I don't know, but I did have a major screw up once when right-clicking to rush.

Comment

Pedro,

You are correct. It's just I've had less trouble accidently drafting with right click as opposed to city screen.

Another thing is sometimes instead of clicking the diplomacy button, I click just a little to the left of it which ends my turn. So I've began using shift-D instead.
                badams

Comment

So thats why the cities I conquered have the draft-related unrest. It stays even if the city falls to another player...

BTW... never used draft...

Comment

I had an itchy trigger finger with the draft button at first.

Then I realized that drafting units causes unhappiness for 20 turns....

A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

hooray for draft as it saved my butt against the evil french who seized Berlin and Leipzig
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I've hit that button by mistake a couple of times too, TMM. I feel your pain[/slick willy voice]

I cannot recall ever deliberately using the draft.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Just be careful not to hit it by mistake. Anyway drafting has saved my butt so many times. Especially if an unexpected war breaks out and you are outnumbered. Run to your largest cities near the enemy and start drafing. Better to draft then to lose your city and have the AI burn it down. At least you can rebuild in time. Even though those drafties are untrained rookies better then nothing.
                          -PrinceBimz-

Comment

AI burning down a city built thousands of years ago
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
                              I know what you're saying, but it's only happened to me a couple of times. Just right click on the city from the outside, don't go to the city screen when rushing buildings. You'll have less headaches that way.

BTW, you can also mess up when right clicking too, it's just not as easy.
                              I usually use the arrows on either side of the city's name in city view to jump from city to city - really convenient, especially if you have a large number and / or really spread out cities. So for me it's usually jump to next city - click rush button - confirm - jump to next city - click rush button - confirm - jump to next city - click rush button - confirm - jump to next city - click draft button - #$@&^%@%#$%@ - jump to next city - click rush button - confirm - etc.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X