Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Civ petition !

"Please help us in this issue!

Infogrames, the copyright owner is hesitating to give permission to us for the PDA versions of their great game, Civilization.
    We accept their rights, but need their permission...
    Please use the following links to sign:
    http://www.redshift.hu/"

please help us get civ on palm and pocketpc's!!!

Is this sort of thing allowed
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

The petition or the making of it? I really can't see how a petition is going to convince Infogrames to give up rights on an IP that they spent a lot of money to acquire.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Don't think it will work, but I signed anyway. It would be way cool.
        Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

If you get something out of them, it will be for Civ I. Don't hope for more than this...

--Kon--
          Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

i want civ on my palm!

signing up....
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Sounds good to me!

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I'm confused here...what's the point?

Comment

Let's hope Infogreed do something useful for a change

Konquest: Even if it is Civ I, I'd still play it. Infact, Civ I on a palm would be the most feasible.

Comment

There's no clear public goal for this petition. The public who would want to play a commerical* (this game isn't free guys) strategy game on a mobile is relatively small. They've should have thought of this beforehand. And now they want to mobilize the Civ community? Why the hell should I petition a business decision?

You should also check this preview article about PDA games:

A quick inspection of the article leads to another handheld game called Kingdom 2.0 which also sounds a lot like civ but with some extras and completely different graphics. Those in the Civ version graphics look suspiciously much like a combination of the MS-DOS and the Civ1 windows version. No wonder they want permission.

*For the record, FC can also be played on various handhelds which run WinCE or linux.
                    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Seems decidedly pointless.

Since when does infogreed care what its customers want or think?
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It's not that Infogrames doesn't care, it's that they payed lots of money for the trademark 'Civilization'. I don't see any company giving up something like that for free (or even cheap). It's really poor business.
                        Seemingly Benign
                        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

They should remake Civ II for GBA, that would rock

Comment

Ivellios, that'll never happen. Civ is a PC game, and will stay a PC game forever, while Infogreed hold the copyrights.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy
                              Ivellios, that'll never happen. Civ is a PC game, and will stay a PC game forever, while Infogreed hold the copyrights.
                              Well there is Civ II for PS 1 allready...

Comment

Working...
                              X