Government types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government types

I was wondering if there is a place in the threads that list the preferred government type for each civ. In the PTW manual, p 18-21 list the new civs, their preferred gov type and the shunned gov type. Is there a list of this for the original civs?

Also, off of this topic, if I want to install a mod, where do I put it (which folder) in the game.

Thanks!
    The wall of the Achaians

Okay, I did finally find the link. In case anyone else needs to know, I've pasted it on here (And the credit for this goes to King_Henry):
    America-Democracy/Communism
    Aztecs-Monarchy/Democracy
    Babylon-Monarchy/Despotism
    China-Communism/Monarchy
    Egypt-Monarchy/Republic
    England-Democracy/Despotism
    France-Republic/Monarchy
    Germany-Republic/Communism
    Greece-Democracy/Despotism
    India-Democracy/Despotism
    Iroquois-Communism/Monarchy
    Japan-Monarchy/Republic
    Persia-Monarchy/Democracy
    Rome-Republic/Communism
    Russia-Communism/Democracy
    Zululand-Despotism/Democracy

The link is: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=69306
    The wall of the Achaians

Comment

You created a lot of work for yourself, all you had to do was look in the editor. That info is in the Civilizations area. BTW, I wouldn't get to concerned about that aspect, even Firaxis has mentioned that those setting have very little influence in the game.

Comment

Forget the shunned/preferred listings. They are meaningless. Basically, there are two types of government: peace-time (republic, democracy) and war time (monarchy, communism). The AI prefers the most advanced peace-time government, except during prolonged wars.

In my mod (link below), I added neoliberalism as a new government (communal corruption, no draft, max war weariness, commerce bonus) which is after democracy (radio is prerequisite). The AI players all invariably go neoliberal after they get the tech, switching only to communism during long wars. After the war, they always switch back.

A great question for firaxis would be how the AI differentiates peace-time from war-time governments. Does the AI only look at war weariness and commerce bonus (prioritizing commerce except when war weariness meets a threshold)? Does the AI care about worker bonus in democracy or corruption model? Again in my mod, neoliberalism has communal corruption but lacks the worker bonus, propoganda immunity, and conscription power under democracy. The AI, when not at war chooses neoliberalism over democracy. Does the AI really prefer the equalized corruption or does the AI always take the most technically advanced government with a commerce bonus? My intent in adding neoliberalism was to introduce a trade-off between the advantages of democracy and the communal corruption under neoliberalism. I am skeptical that the AI knows how to make this trade. If I am correct, then mod-makers should be aware of this.

Basically, I recommend viewing the governments in civ3 not as a trade-off between the economic models implied by democracy and communism (and neoliberalism if you are using my mod). Rather, view them as the stringency of social control exercised over the citizens. When not oppressed, commerce flourishes but the people get restless over wars.
        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Monarchy- war
          Democracy-peace
          Communism-desperately trying not to lose the war

That's it
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I found it hillarious when I see America in Monarchy in my game after a long war in the Industrial ages....

Hmm.. maybe it's becoming true anyways (Two Bush presidents)..

Comment

Hey, Communism is good! At least there's no war weariness and no corruptions spread out in the empire.

Good, of course, for war times. Monarchy is not that good, compared to communism, in war times. Except for rushing things. MAN that's a difference...

Comment

Originally posted by minke19104
                I found it hillarious when I see America in Monarchy in my game after a long war in the Industrial ages....

Hmm.. maybe it's becoming true anyways (Two Bush presidents)..
                Also, two Roosevelt presidents...

But considering that Clinton passed more laws by presidential fiat than any other in U.S. history, I'd say that he is more the harbinger of a coming American monarchy.

John

Comment

Well, at least he had a better external relations team than Bush son (or father).

Comment

Originally posted by pedrojedi
                    Well, at least he had a better external relations team than Bush son (or father).
                    You mean external relations with his interns?

Comment

Actually, preferred and shunned governments can play a meaningful role in AI civ's attitudes.

See Bamspeedy's masterful analysis at CFC.
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                      X