Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we get a cool / sexy Foreign Advisor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K.J.H.
    ADVISORS
    Drew Barrymore says: Well the point is with the foreign leade ... Stop clickin' on that!!!!
    That what?
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

That what?

I hope your kidding. I think Britney Spears would be a nice advisor. How about the map look like Britney Spears? Imagine when you're exploring and your unit finds the two big mountains right next to each other.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins

I hope your kidding
        Yep!

Hey, liked your post!
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

lol @ KJH.

you people are creative.

but i say the advisor must be dark haired.
          blondes aren't witty or *****y enough.

i found it funny when the foreign advisor in civ2 called the military adivsor "sobaka!" (russian for "a dog!")

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

i found it funny when the foreign advisor in civ2 called the military adivsor "sobaka!" (russian for "a dog!")
            She did that? Wasn't Civ2 a family game?

How did you get them so upset? They always love me...

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins

I hope your kidding. I think Britney Spears would be a nice advisor. How about the map look like Britney Spears? Imagine when you're exploring and your unit finds the two big mountains right next to each other.
              Would work better on a CTP map cos you could have a forest with many tiles devoted to a certain trade good as well

Rich
              "You no take Candle!"
              - a unnamed Kobold.

Comment

The worst thing about the advisors in Civ2 is that they didn't come with a warning: Advice is Not Fit for Human Consumption.

When I was new to the game (like, before I had the book) I was glad for the chance to hear their counsel. "Build more barracks" - right, what's a barracks for? So much of what they provide is blinding-flash-of-the-obvious or inappropriate. Not the way to breed good players.

The inclusion of Advisors would be beneficial if they could be written to provide any input that could actually improve the situation (or link to information from the forums ).

If they are to remain a feature of the game, I'll second a vote for any number of attractive females (or an option to choose gender, if that's what the gang wants). But I would hope that the designers would not be so narrow in their thinking as to include only white people as advisors. Not with so many of the world's great civilizations coming from other parts of the globe.

Comment

perhaps the advisors pics should be linked to the civ you pick..

English mostly "very white" males or females

Africa mostly black

USA mostly gay white males

Sweden mostly blonde buxom lasses.

Australia mostly overweight under sexed white guys

j/k
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Bring back the council!

I miss my "assistant" and I miss Elvis always makeing me feel better when the other advisors treated me like S***.THey were a motley bunch,but they were funny as hell.I dunno,what age do you think the Foregin Affairs advisor looked the best,I think that Toga was -very- nice on her.
                    "Battle is a combination of all your skills,therefore,to be excellent at battle is to be excellent at life"-Me

Comment

Re: Do we get a cool / sexy Foreign Advisor?

Many jolly sexy opinions here lately...

Seriously :
                      The ugly trend of using silly cartoon characters scribbled by some wannabe artist is over us like hellfire !

Look at SimCity3000 and the stoopid graphics there !
                      Would Firaxis spoil such a legend as CIV by commiting to this horrible trend ? we dare you...

So why not continue the legend properly, and use pretty actors like in civ2... Foreign adv. from civ2, she will not be forgotten!

Drew Barrymore is good lookin', but I doubt her playing foreign minister...

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                        perhaps the advisors pics should be linked to the civ you pick...Sweden mostly blonde buxom lasses.
                        Looks like I'll be playing Sweden every game...
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

ROTFLOL!!!
                          The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                          - Frank Herbert

Comment

only when i read that some people consider ms. barymoore 'sexy' did i realize how weird forum people are.
                            that bovine look in her eyes....awwwww.....

Comment

let's make a new poll: Which of the Foreign advisor's clothes did/do you like most?
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

USA mostly gay white males
                                Somebody is just looking to get their ass kicked.
                                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Working...
                                X