Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis: Stop all information flow!

Dont give anymore news about Civ3.
    No more Screens. No more videos. No more information on Gameconcepts.

And then when its really the time to get excited about the game (2 months before release) then slowly release some info of the game. But not much. In the meantime. Visit the forums every once in a while and ask bogus questions about something to keep us busy (or those who care).

And please dont show any more screens. Hide your jewel till it is polished!

Or hehe, try the other way and just release some audio files instead of some screens.
    I am getting tired of all the screenshots. You do make an opinion based on a screenshot and a screenshot can barely show the game's potential. Videos are better for such tings. But well its very uncommen to release Videos of Games in Development (except for events such as E3) of course.

Ata

Please, Firaxis: Don't listen to this man! He is, unfortunately, mad...!

------------------
    Who am I? What am I? Do we need Civ? Well....
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Nikolai on 05-20-2001 01:23 PM
      Please, Firaxis: Don't listen to this man! He is, unfortunately, mad...!

I think that he may be too excited about the game to stand any more info before he can put his own hands on it .
      Anyway the best solution is to isolate him from any media until the game is released.
      That way he won't get any more information, and we not jet affected by this syndrome may get closer to this state of madness as we get more information .
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

LOL @ this thread

Ata, it's not like we have an information overload!

Comment

Actually, I'm starting to think that looking at previews is a bad idea. At least if i didn't look at them i'd be dissapointed all at once rather than over a period of months. Ignorance is bliss.
          By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

This much information, and this much discussion in the forums makes my brain hurt.

When I use to switch on the computer it was to actually play games, lately I've spent more time discussing them but it's hard to stop. Always another idea popping up to talk about. And some of it based on misinformation. Look at the seven civs discussions. Haven't we got others lives to live? Arrrrrgggggg!

------------------
            "If you post something often enough, people will start to read it"
            Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
            Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

You want to be lynched, don't you?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I don't have an opinion about this issue, but I am getting tired of the hype. I'm excited about the game but I'm starting to tune out.

The release is just too far away for me to get worked up anymore. It's like what movie distributors/producers(?) are doing to me by showing movie previews a YEAR before the movie premieres; it pisses me off more than anything. What? I'm not going to see any movie until then? I'll be more inclined to see the movie if I see the trailer 167 times?

The relevance here is that I enjoy playing CivII now and maybe CivIII will be killer but I may move on to something else sometime in the next six months.

Well, I guess I did have an opinion after all.
                Your Obedient Serpent

Comment

Unfortunately, Apolyton editors seem to post every preview, and then they state that it has the same information or the same pictures as the last preview. The only previews I appreciate are ones that have NEW information. I do not mind less updates on Apolyton if means that we wait for NEW information or NEW pictures.

How boring and redundant can you get?
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

SIMILAR information, perhaps. But the new previews expand on the old information. You may not care but plenty of people here do.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

quote:

I think that he may be too excited about the game to stand any more info before he can put his own hands on it

Actually the opposite is the case. The more info I get the less excited I get. And the more info I get the less I care about the info. I havent read any preview lately, simply because they start out all the same (boring) way and there is not much interesting thing to read.
                      And I see no point in releasing every little feature of the game. I rather think I should find out all these features on my own when the game is out.

Remember CtP2? I knew everything about the game, before I played it. And when I first encountered it, I could play right away. The game had nothing new, I knew everything already. Man that was boring.

quote:

Anyway the best solution is to isolate him from any media until the game is released.

No problem I am doing that for myself already.

godot: ditto

So Firaxis please dont tell anything about the game anymore. No features or something like that. I want to find that out on my own, when I have the game in my hands.
                      I dont want to experience the "CtP2 Shock" again.

Besides everyone here will, when you suck up every little info on the game. You wont find much fun with the game then.

Thats my opinion,
                      ATa

Comment

As the old motto "the map is not the territory", I will extend the concept to "the info aren't the game"

Ata, surely you love to discover hidden things and learn game rules by trial&error method; that's fine as mine to quickly browse an available manual, learn a bit more of game rules then start playing.

I don't mind to know any bit of info: surely some things should surprise me, but like watching a sport on TV my enjoyment isn't to guess the rules by looking game actions, more admiring good execution and result (hopefully a victory of my team).

I'll like to know enough of CIV 3 the week before I play it, so I can spend less time to grab the concept and more studying best strategies. A limited demo out a couple of week before the final will be wonderful!
                        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

All this info. Its like a drug. I havent been able to look at it so often lately, but use ca 2hours just reading through all the news and previews I`ve missed. Its like a drug. Its like "the apolytoners" are sitting in front of me and says:"Come here, read the news, and we`ll show you just how deep the rabbit whole goes." In other words: Its like a splinter in my mind, driving me mad.

So here is my prayor to Firaxis:"RELEASE MORE INFO,NEWS AND SCREENSHOTS. I`M ADDICTED!"
                          The samurai has spoken

Comment

I think it's good that we get some info, so we don't have to spend our time arguing about gameconcept that is no longer in the game or is optional or whatever.
                            We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

I have to say that i cant get enougth information hehe.

HI Ata btw

Comment

Working...
                              X