Stacked combat will be pointless if the ai can't use it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacked combat will be pointless if the ai can't use it

I really hope the Ai knows how to use stacked combat because if it doesn't, single player games are going to be very one sided. It will be like Call to Power I and II where Ai civs can't stack units or hardly ever do and as a result are virtually ineffective in warfare. That would be very bad.

I raise this issue because we already have 2 versions of civ and the Ai hasn't yet learned how to put planes on a carrier or missiles on a submarine.

------------------
    Founder, Dear Leader and Great Helmsman of PROT -the People's Republic Off Topic www.delphi.com/prot1/

If you're happy and you know it, spam a thread.

quote:

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse on 05-15-2001 07:55 PM

I raise this issue because we already have 2 versions of civ and the Ai hasn't yet learned how to put planes on a carrier or missiles on a submarine.

Have you AH?

Comment

We must play some time Paiktis

The Horse force looks forward to it

------------------
      Founder, Dear Leader and Great Helmsman of PROT -the People's Republic Off Topic www.delphi.com/prot1/

Comment

Name the time and place you crazy Horse

I'm polishing my nukes while waiting for you reply

Comment

neigh...

Comment

Oh its a pissing competition is it? Okay.

First off, I usually deal with my opponents well before nukes come into play

So, Paiktis, what's your preference? A slow lingering death or a massive knock out blow? Let me know - the Horse Empire aims to please

------------------

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse on 05-15-2001 10:01 PM
              First off, I usually deal with my opponents well before nukes come into play

LOL I just KNEW you were going to say that!

Did you think I'd kill you with Crusaders? Get real!

I'll let you hope until I get nukes (you won't even know how fast ) and then BOOM It's more sic this way. N'est pas?

Comment

I'd say I pissed 3 meters away...

Comment

Anybody want to address the topic of this thread

------------------

Comment

I'm just glad you put your sig in. I forgot to bookmark your *snicker* WEBPAGE and haven't been able to find it since.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

In CTP II, The AI had no problem building stacks. And what was in the stacks was sometimes even the right combo. The AI's problem in CTP II was it's meekness. There is a FRENZY MOD available that makes them considerably more aggressive. (So much so that they sometimes forget to defend) So it is possible to program.

On the Carrier Issue that AH brings up, that is different. The whole stack never attacks at once. The program looks at options for each unit differently so the resulting attacks usually are far from coordinated.
                      Once a stack is built, the stack can now be treated as a single entity for the programming side. With the very aggressive AI in the Gold version, stacking will change the game dramatically.

RAH
                      Well I tried to bring it back on topic
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse on 05-16-2001 12:28 AM
                        Anybody want to address the topic of this thread

Come on little Troll

You don't expect anyone to take you seriously, let alone answer do you?

Comment

I can't believe it

The Horse remained silent???

Are you ok AH?

Comment

People are going to start to think you are weird if you keep ranting at people who aren't online Paiktis.

RAH I haven't seen an ai civ use stacks yet in CTP II. Must play some more.

------------------

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse on 05-16-2001 11:06 PM
                              People are going to start to think you are weird if you keep ranting at people who aren't online Paiktis.

Touche

I guess you are ok Horse

Comment

Working...
                              X