No announcement yet.

Apolyton's Influence on Civ 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does every one think its bad to aplause firaxis now and then?

Comment

Temper, temper! What's with all the name-calling? Hit a little too close to home did we?

And just to clarify, I wasn't accusing you of self-aggrandizing, but of creating a thread designed for Apolyton's collective "pat-on-the-back". Which you yourself imply, if not admit, this thread is for. I for one certainly don't feel the need for this again, and if you felt obliged to respond to Technophile why not just reply in his thread instead of making one called "Apolyton's Influence".
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

o so now you can make entire posts about how firaxis is bad but not how its good? lets just say this is for civ3 worst fears come true..

Comment

ancient, WHO are you talking to and WHAT are you talking about?
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by raingoon on 05-18-2001 04:28 PM
            The Energy Model

This was also something I worked on, and felt was essential to the full iteration of Civ into a 3 (as opposed to 2.5)

[This message has been edited by raingoon (edited May 19, 2001).]

You mean a 1.8 don't you
            [This message has been edited by Quartz Dragon (edited May 20, 2001).]
            Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Theben on 05-20-2001 04:14 AM

And just to clarify, I wasn't accusing you of self-aggrandizing, but of creating a thread designed for Apolyton's collective "pat-on-the-back". Which you yourself imply, if not admit, this thread is for. I for one certainly don't feel the need for this again,

Fascinating. with all the interesting threads on this forum, a collective pat ourselves on the back (warranted or not, intended or not) gets a "we don't need this".
              I, personally, enjoy it. call that whatever kind of selfish tendency you will, or not. I like it.
              aside from my enjoyment, I think that the effect of our contribution will be examined on this forum from time to time even after the game is out, and that is entirely welcome. To Me.

let me repeat what ancient said:

quote:

Originally posted by ancient
              o so now you can make entire posts about how firaxis is bad but not how its good? lets
              just say this is for civ3 worst fears come true..

a reply thread to a hot topic has always been welcome on this forum, afaik.
              (again, intended or not)
              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Yeah, Father Beast that's pretty much it. A healthy pat on the back, I think, somewhere got a bad rep.

Theben, you know what? You're right. I guess in the end I did start this thread to congratulate ourselves. Including from me to you.

Comment

Working...
                X