Scenario Scripting - A must!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Scripting - A must!

Keeping track of the news about Civ3 features, I have noticed a lack of a very important (IMHO) - a scenario script language, a la Civ II expansions. In Civ II, it was sufficent to utilize most ideas that were spawned in the sick mind of a scenario author . And it was great.
    Alpha Centauri lacked this feature. Being a die-hard SMACer (and also a SMAC-related site webmaster of late) I have seen many people's ideas never came into implementation, becuse they required triggered and special events. It (was) is a severe hit on the replayability value.
    I'd just like to bring up this problem.
    Sorry if it has been already discussed earlier, I'm new to the Civ3 forum.

------------------

LoD - Owner/Webmaster of

THE CHIRONIAN GUILD SMAC Site
    Chironian Guild's Discussion Forums
    I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
    LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
    civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Strange - no one actually considers this issue important?
    I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by LoD on 05-13-2001 07:37 AM
      Strange - no one actually considers this issue important?

It IS important! Check out the lengthy Civ3 editing tools: what do *you* want to see thread, by Dan Mahaga FIRAXIS.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Ralf .

Comment

Hopefully the scripting language will be more powerful than Civ2's event handler and easier to understand than CTP's SLIC.

Comment

Working...
          X