World war II Scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pap1723
    There is a massive WWII scenario in the works for the PTW expansion pack. It is being designed as a Play By E-mail, so it will only have 8 civilizations, but diplomacy won't be a problem because the civs will all be controlled by the human player.

I'll give more information if you guys are interested.

Pap
    Well, I'm VEEERY interested!

Perhaps you could tell us a little bit more about the XP itself?
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen

Well, I'm VEEERY interested!

Perhaps you could tell us a little bit more about the XP itself?
      me too

Comment

Originally posted by Phatphal
        i made a civ 2 mod that was a total world war 2 game, restructured entire tech tree, terrain, units, map, cities, rules. It took me 2 weeks but it was well worth it. Light Fighter taking on Advanced Zepplins. Heavy Field Artillery bombing a variety of ships. Awesome fun, I was thinking about making it again but it might be a wee bit harder this time around
        Making custom units is not an easy task at all in Civ3, other than that I think making good scenarios won't be all that much harder if a good XP comes out with all the options available in the editor.

I still think Civ2 has a looong life ahead of it as the scenario king of civ games.
        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Of course the probelm with Civ2 is that AI is way to much stupid, so scenarios become too easy.

But with just added diplomacy editing, I bet we could get pretty good and challenging scenarios for Civ3.

Comment

Well guys, I have been working on it quietly for a while now, but not really working on it dedicatedly. I've been working mostly on my WWII Gigamap scenario for Civilization 2, and the one for Civ 3 on the side...

You can check out my Civilization II scenario here...

The one I am planning for Civ 3 is going to use the same map, as I have been slowly porting it over tile by tile to a Civ 3 map. It is planned on being even more grand than the Civ 2 version because I can have as many units as I want, so I can give every unit to every side and have realistic upgrades. An example of this would be the Panzer III. At the start of my scenario, the Panzer III Ausf. G is the main tank available for the Germans. In the war, once the Ausf. G was useless in battle, they were converted into StuG III Assault Guns, and various other platforms. I am going to show this in the scenario. As of right now I am planning on having 18 German Vehicles at the least...

Now I know there are not half that many units made in 3D format for Civilization yet, but I have overcome that. This is the thing that I am worried will turn people off to the scenario though...I am going to be using Civilization 2 unit graphics. There are more than enough units that have been made for Civ 2 scenarios and when converted to Civ 3 format they look decent, they just don't have any animations.

That's only a little bit for now, please ask specific questions and post some ideas and I'll answer them or respond to your ideas.

Pap

Comment

Re: World war II Scenarios?

Originally posted by mirakulix
              Hey. I've played civilization since civ one was relized.

And the best game must be civ2 with the world two scenario!

Now I've got the following question
              Isn't there any world war two scenarios for CIV3?

And where can I get it?
              I made a very good ww2 scenario, but it's for those interested in intense naval warfare of the pacific vs the great land battles of europe.

100x100 map, scenario is a save file so loads quick, plays fast, blockades work good, supply routes can get cut off, and the AI actually manages to do a great job with naval units

SCENARIO: WWII Pacific Theatre of Operation (Japan)

I made it so you can only play Japan. my preference of playing the bad guy

all in all, I had great fun making it and testing it extensively I'm still collecting comments, suggestions, and still waiting for bug reports, but there really isn't any

I know this is a shameless plug, but come on! I never stopped supporting it, and I do plan on improving it for PTW, especially after playing the newest version of PTO on the playstation2 (pto 4), my mind is just racing with new ideas. So I'd love to read feedback and suggestions! [/plug]

Comment

if you're looking for awesome ww2 scenarios, stop by the civ2 creation/ scenario league forum, the people there are simply incredible!

Comment

I've been working mostly on my WWII Gigamap scenario for Civilization 2 *Snip*

You can check out my Civilization II scenario here...

Pap
                  Hi Pap
                  I apologise if I am missing something (I havn't been frequenting the Civ2 forums for a long time) but your Civ 2 scenario 2194 days looks remarkably similar to Captain Nemo's classic of the same name, even down to Alex Mohr's graphics!

What have you changed? ...Please help the ill-informed like myself.
                  tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

Well, the units all upgrade into better units, it has 9 parts. I actually asked Nemo if I could make a new scenario based off of his and he encouraged me to do it. I don't even know what the final uint count is, but it has to be over 200 different untis. It is also on a Gigamap which is twice the size of the map Nemo used on his scenario.

Pap

Comment

Well, the units all upgrade into better units, it has 9 parts. I actually asked Nemo if I could make a new scenario based off of his and he encouraged me to do it. I don't even know what the final uint count is, but it has to be over 200 different untis. It is also on a Gigamap which is twice the size of the map Nemo used on his scenario.

Pap
                      Wow sounds like a mamoth task
                      Does it use FW, CIV2MPg or tot?
                      When are you planning to get it finished?
                      tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

Now I know there are not half that many units made in 3D format for Civilization yet, but I have overcome that.
                        Dude theres a vast number of WW2 units made for Civ 3, my mod team for Storm Over Europe have made around 50 of them recently and there were probably around the same number again already done. Try here. The Third Reich Team have made many of them, they should all be in the creation forum. The stuff made by my guys should be released seperately about a week after the mod in around a month if all goes to plan.

Kentonio

Comment

Working...
                        X