World war II Scenarios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World war II Scenarios?

Hey. I've played civilization since civ one was relized.

And the best game must be civ2 with the world two scenario!

Now I've got the following question
    Isn't there any world war two scenarios for CIV3?

And where can I get it?

As far as I remember in editor you can't add specific units (or was it cities?) so you can't build a scenario as it was in civ2. In Files Forum, on this cite, you can find some WWII scenarios or mods.
    Here you have some mods and scenarios:

And you will find more, just look in the Files.

I haven't played any of them so I don't know how do they work.

Hope this helped

Comment

You can add custom units via the editor, although I think this ability is only availiable after a certain patch (1.29 works, as will PTW)

Of course, MAKING them is another matter altogether but PTW comes with a bunch of WW2 units like T-34 tanks Mustan fighters etc. look in the CIV3PTW/extras/World War II folder

as to adding them to the game, this might help:

Lots of newbie posters have posted threads in this forum asking the same question: 'How to add these units to the game". It's getting quiet tedious to move them to the main creation forum all the time. I hope this sticky thread would reduce the number of those threads. Can someone post a...
      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

You can also add cities.

The main reason is that there is no way to guarantee that the various teams will stay at war.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

The lack of good scenarios is the greatest fault in CIV3 IMO.
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Well, Olaf, make one then.
            Seemingly Benign

Comment

The only thing missing in editor is Diplomacy editing and even editor.

Without diplomacy editing there will no be any "real" scenarios.

And if even editor ever comes out, Civ3 would be best game for scenarios (maybe some other XP?)

Comment

I'm hoping for an XP dedicated to scenarios (and their creation).
                Seemingly Benign

Comment

Warpstorm:

thee who ist all-knowing about Firaxis' machiavellian plans, how true are the rumours of a second expansion pack? There a lot of talk going on at CDG about that.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Well, I'm hardly all-knowing. Although they answer many of my questions, ones about future products don't get answered. I've heard rumors too, but none from a source more credible than those on CDG (well maybe a little more j/k). The rumor I hear is that it'd be focused on scenarios and scenario building.
                    Seemingly Benign

Comment

Well I certainly hope the rumours are true. It would truly be a waste of effort to leave the game as it is.

Just think of all those poor japanese and ww2 units laying around in PTW with no scenario to shelter them. Pleeease! think of the units! the poor lonely units!

Comment

i made a civ 2 mod that was a total world war 2 game, restructured entire tech tree, terrain, units, map, cities, rules. It took me 2 weeks but it was well worth it. Light Fighter taking on Advanced Zepplins. Heavy Field Artillery bombing a variety of ships. Awesome fun, I was thinking about making it again but it might be a wee bit harder this time around

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                          Well I certainly hope the rumours are true. It would truly be a waste of effort to leave the game as it is.

Just think of all those poor japanese and ww2 units laying around in PTW with no scenario to shelter them. Pleeease! think of the units! the poor lonely units!

As far as I know, Firaxis is planning in releasing one Japanese scenario with those untis included.
                          (and that's NOT rumor, its FACT)

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                            I'm hoping for an XP dedicated to scenarios (and their creation).
                            Time will tell: I'm still waiting for the release of PTW where I live...
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

There is a massive WWII scenario in the works for the PTW expansion pack. It is being designed as a Play By E-mail, so it will only have 8 civilizations, but diplomacy won't be a problem because the civs will all be controlled by the human player.

I'll give more information if you guys are interested.

Pap

Comment

Working...
                              X