No announcement yet.

The damned galley!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This worked for me about 90% of the time in Civ3...

1) save the game. Move your galley to a sea/ocean square

2) let the turn pass and it will sink

3) re-load the save

4) now DON'T move it into the sea and let the turn pass

5) next turn and move it into the sea and 90% it won't sink.

This is just an empirical observation, could've been coincidence but worked a lot for me.
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by pedrojedi
      The Galley sinking is OK for me. It happens, the damn thing is not that good anyway. The problem is when the CARAVEL sink. Then it is really, really, REALLY painful, specially when you`re going for that nice island with oil, racing with the AI, and 1 tile away from the sea it does the "crack, fluuuushh" routine.
      surely if you have the tech to be able to see oil then you should never have ships being lost at sea?
      Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

He prolly opened up the Editor to see which islands have oil :P

Comment

surely if you have the tech to be able to see oil then you should never have ships being lost at sea?
          heh, I thought about it while reading. Something like "huh?" came to my mind. I really made no sense at all. But I just took a bad, BAD example. Substitute "oil" for "important, very important resource/city pedrojedi couldn't tell at the time, and can't now either. Because he forgot, the poor boy. He's getting old."

But that happend. The d*mn caravel sunk.

Comment

You just suck at Galley building.

Comment

Working...
            X