Gosh Civ plays much faster now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gosh Civ plays much faster now!

I just bought a brand new PC with lots and lots of power and the difference in speed is tremendous. No I actually have to brew my tea before I settle down to play the game !

I used to play the game on a PIII 500Mhz and the game literary took minutes bwtn turns in the latter stages of the game.

So long...
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

It's good to have a fast PC
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

well i play on a celeron 433 128MB and i love the slow turns so there
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Oh, I did not mind the speed. I actually used the time between turns to do various tasks around the apartment but boy can it fast!

So long...
        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

My PC is not a powerhouse by any means, but I like to think that it is in a constant struggle to give me the best fun I can have. A human being still in control. Work for me, you stupid beast!
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I think the speed issue is why many people don't play on a huge world. I did once. ONCE. That was enough.
            badams

Comment

I went from a PIII 450 w/ 256ram to a P4 2.0 w/ 512ram. I made a big difference but I still wouldn't play on a huge map.

Comment

I love Huge Worlds. They give me the most satisfaction...

I mean come on, playing against only 3-4 opponents is boring. Much more challanging if you wipe out 4 civs only to find 8 other sitting on the other continent..

P.S: I run a 1.8 Ghz Pentium, so I dont have any problems

Comment

Working...
                X