Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What exactly does the Sistine Chapel do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly does the Sistine Chapel do?

I see in the game's description that it "doubles the effect of cathedrals".

Fair enuff.

BUT, does that mean it :
    1. doubles the Cathedral's production of happy faces?
    2. doubles it's production of Culture points?
    3. both?
    4. doubles my pleasure?

I KNOW you guys know the answer to this one.

According to my own experience, the Sistine chapel does not increase the culture created by Cathedrals, only the number of happy faces.
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

here is some of the editor page and that is basically what we know:

I suppose it does #4 and #1 but I am not sure about #2
      Attached Files
      For your photo needs:
      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Now looking at the editor page it says doubles hapiness of. So it does NOT double culture.
        For your photo needs:
        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Thanks guys

Ya, I see in the editor that there isn't even an option to "Double Culture Points", so it seems that it's not even possible anyways.

Too bad.. I'd definitely build an improvement/wonder that affected other buildings' culture points.

Comment

Originally posted by Villain
            Thanks guys

Ya, I see in the editor that there isn't even an option to "Double Culture Points", so it seems that it's not even possible anyways.

Too bad.. I'd definitely build an improvement/wonder that affected other buildings' culture points.
            Know what? This is an interesting idea... A wonder that could double other building's culture points. I don't know exactly how it could be implemented, though (cannot think of any real life examples...).
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

It would have to be something that encouraged tourism. I thought Disneyland but then thought again....
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm

Know what? This is an interesting idea... A wonder that could double other building's culture points. I don't know exactly how it could be implemented, though (cannot think of any real life examples...).
                Theres a big game balance issue there. if you already had a healthy culture output it would go through the roof
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

That's true. Regarding Cerberus IV's comment, if I want to model the probable 'tourism value' of a wonder, I usually attach the 50% tax/lux bonuses, or the +1 trade bonus, depending on just how popular I think it would be (potential Pilgrimage sites, like Mike's, would be in the latter category).
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Maybe a wonder with cultural bonus to other improvements should give it to just one city, like the Newton`s or Copernicus`wonders. Then it would be sweet, but not outragingly powerful. A real time example would be something that could broadcast the already existing improvements to the world, making people want to go to that place. A few ideas?

1) The Midia
                    2) The Superbowl
                    3) The NBC, BBC, CNN...

Particular wonders could have that bonus, but just for one kind of improvement, to all cities; +1 or +2 at most. Like this:

1) The Spanish Soccer Championship (improves the colosseum cultural bonus only);
                    2) The Silicium valley (research labs only)

Just some thoughts...

Comment

hmmm... but they are all modern era wonders.
                      i would suggest something like the newspaper (the times) for industrial age (it's not the same as printing press. papers are new to the industrial age and at first the government (in britan) was so scared of them that it quickly put a huge paper tax on them, so only the rich could afford them.

maybe you could improve the printing press tech.
                      make it a tech and a wonder...

Comment

There was not a great midia work during ancient times. Perhaps some holy travels?

that's why all "midia wonders" should be at least late industrial.

Comment

I think that adding a wonder that effects strictly culture points is a great idea, especially since Culture is a winning condition. There are wonders set to specifically influence each of the other conditions, so why not culture as well?

My suggestion is for a wonder that behaves much like Newton's; this new wonder should double the culture points created by a city. If this isn't enticing enough, then there could possibly be the added effect of adding .25% of your civ's culture to its total (example: If your civ has 10000 total culture points, it gets 25 more added to the total after that turn, resulting in ending the turn with 10025 culture points), sort of like a cultural Wall Street.

The Louvre or Smithsonian or other such institution could be used to represent this wonder. It is an institution centered in one city (the city that would be recieve double culture points), but it of such an immense value that it inspires the entire nation (reflected in the reisidual culture points) This should be a mid-industrial/late industrial wonder, coming a la Shakespeare through a dead end tech. Could help those who are behind in culure catch up or those who are ahead cement their victory. Any thoughts on this?
                          I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by pedrojedi
                            (...)1) The Spanish Soccer Championship (improves the colosseum cultural bonus only); (...)
                            I think have the Colosseum (and in Indus./ Modren times be some sadium like the Skydome, or Mavin Garneds, for exmaples) as the wonder (and does the same think) and the inprovment of Colosseum turn in to the Aimpathreat. (Yes... I can't spell )
                            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I understand the Internet wonder in PTW has sort of a double the culture effect, since it puts a research lab in every city on the continent, with a huge boost in culture production. In fact so big, that it probably should be defined as a bug.

Comment

Working...
                              X