Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by MrFun on 05-17-2001 11:45 AM

So, even though the United States conquered this area from Mexico, today, we have Mexican immigrants who have almost reclaimed it as part of Mexico today.

But this is financial might. Will the level of your financial might matter in culture? I doubt it because actually there is no way of counting a civs financial might in Civ. What it does count is the levels of happiness of the people. (that are connected with luxuries that is connected with wealth).

Is happiness going to have anything to do with the culture levels? I doubt it because Firaxis keeps on saying it's the buildings that will create those culture points (of course nothing is 100% sure since the game is not finished).

Comment

I do wish though, that Firaxis would have considered some simple way to represent the immigration aspect of culture.

But it looks like they're doing a great job with the other aspects of culture.

------------------
      The Martians are out there somewhere, but where? Let's shoot lasers out into space until they shoot back.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yeah, there was a debate about immigration if I remember correctly. No hints that it is included as of yet.

Now that I think about it maybe Happiness of the people DOES enhance culture levels. It makes sense when it is about cities changing sides. (who would want to live somewhere that they play classical music and read heavy philosophy all day long if there was nothing to eat )

Comment

It looks like culture eating will be affected by bot specific cities and by civ-level stuff... they do mention that certain improvement improve the culture rating of your city and thus your border...
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
          X