Beta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta?

I know the final might not be out for a while. But what stage is the game in? Has the structure of the game been complete, or is it still in alpha form? If it is in beta, has the beta been released?

For that matter, when will we be getting a demo?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Sid did release a demo of SMAC about 2 months before the game, maybe Firaxis will do it again.

------------------

Comment

FIRAXIS has said several times that they are aiming at November-December for the release date. With that in mind, I'm sure their still in the mid stages of it. And usually game companies dont release a BETA until soon before the release date.
        [This message has been edited by Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto (edited May 16, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto on 05-16-2001 12:35 AM
          FIRAXIS has said several times that they are aiming at November-December for the release date
          REALLY? where did you see that?

Comment

quote from gamespot.com - link

quote:

Firaxis and Infogrames are currently aiming for a winter 2001 release for Civilization III.
            There is but one safe way to avoid mistakes: To do nothing or at least, to avoid doing something new.

Comment

hmmm that's gamespot saying what firaxis is aiming for
              it's not firaxis saying what firaxis is aiming for

Comment

You're right, but let's hope this is a true info
                There is but one safe way to avoid mistakes: To do nothing or at least, to avoid doing something new.

Comment

meanwhile pc gamer(i think) wrote about early 2002....

anyway, unless we hear from firaxis themselves....

Comment

If not winter, it will be spring 2002... That's the latest I have heard.
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

and if it's not spring, it will definately be summer

Comment

Hopefully this won't be one of those: 'Always delayed release' titles

Not that we want it released half-finished either...

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                        X