No announcement yet.

Harbor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew about the food bonus that the harbor gives to the city who builds it. But a food bonus to cities connected to the coastal city? Only the "lake" cities then.

And yeah, commercial dock and stock exchange really make a difference in PTW. I missed the last one in Civ3 1.29.

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

in PTW yes , .... but this is the civ 3 general thread , so there was some misunderstanding , .....

thanks , two copies shall do , ..... however when it comes out for MAC , well huh , that three , ..... the desk is filling up slowly with civ disk , .....

have a nice day

hi ,

Many of the topics here contain references to PtW , familiarise yourself with it , and have a nice day
      Up The Millers

Comment

Harbors act as 'roads' on coastal squares, and on sea and ocean squares after learning Astronomy and Navigation/Magnetism restpectively.

If the civ doesn't know Astronomy, then the cities can only be connected if there is coastal tiles separating them. This usually means, 'on the same continent'.
        "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Has anyone ever successfully managed to conduct a naval blockade? I have attempted it a few times but it never seems to work. Of course if the GUI had some better feedback on this it would be easier to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikel
            Has anyone ever successfully managed to conduct a naval blockade? I have attempted it a few times but it never seems to work. Of course if the GUI had some better feedback on this it would be easier to tell.
            Yes, but it is very hard to pull off. You have to choke off all paths and any paths they could use through friendly nations.

If you have PTW, you can do a debug scenario to see how it works.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I thought commercial docks only give you a bonus shield in square that is alreadyproducing one shield?!

Whta is OCC?

So long...
              Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
              Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
              Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
                I thought commercial docks only give you a bonus shield in square that is alreadyproducing one shield?!

Whta is OCC?

So long...
                No, you're thinking of the offshore platform. The commercial dock is something new with PTW. OCC = One City Campaign, or something along those lines. You try to win the game with only one city, no empire.

Comment

OCC = One City Challenge (not campaign)

Comment

In my current game everwhre is f****ing mountains so i need my harbours to make my cotsal cities work. Without em I would be screwed.( and i'm in trouble anyway)
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                    X